My 1/72 Heller F-8J done at the end of its life at the AMARC facility Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, insirped by the pics that Bll Spindal posted here on ARC.

F-8JRightFront.jpg

F-8JLeftRear.jpg

F-8JLeftFront.jpg

F-8JRightRear.jpg

White markings which represent the Spraylat coating were done mainly with one of thise tipex pens, black tape lines with a permanent marker.

Julien :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely done Julien !

Great idea executed just right ...

Your Crusader build goes with Darren's recently finished F-8 as bookends to her career ...

Gregg

This is a cool build. I have been wanting to do a build like this.. only question, how did you do the coverings for the windows and stuff?

The intake and exhust are just covered with platic card.

For the main areas of the canopy and wing it is just plain old white paint (Arylic white) the thin white lines are from a tipex pen (correction fluid) you can apply it very finely. The black boarders are drawn in with a fine tip marker pen.

Julien :thumbsup:

The intake and exhust are just covered with platic card.

For the main areas of the canopy and wing it is just plain old white paint (Arylic white) the thin white lines are from a tipex pen (correction fluid) you can apply it very finely. The black boarders are drawn in with a fine tip marker pen.

Julien :salute:

right idea, in real life that stuff looks like correction fluid, why didn't i think of that.