H-34 resin upgrades. 48 scale!!! wessex

spoke with a chap who's been building a wessex in 48 scale on HKN and he's planning on releasing some very nice looking resin cockpit upgrades this summer and then backdating more resin upgrades for the sikorsky 34! so the helicopter model Gods are listening! he's promised to keep me in the loop when they are released(heritage UK). so i'll keep everyone up to date.

Semper Fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
Nowhere. Unless you are prepared to spend upwards of $90, according to the most recent ebay sale.

Who the heck even OWNS a 1/48 CH-34?!?!?!?! :woot.gif: (frustrated non-owner)

Andy

Grasshopper must be learn patience.

I picked up one on here for $40.

I have one......and have unlimited access to the archives here at Cherry Point, to include dozens of photos of UH-34's in Vietnam. Dozens of photos that are clear enough and cover enough.......to draw decals.

Ooh Rah!

Dave

Than why the hell havn't we seen some 1/72 decals for the Italeri kit? :explode: Show some love bro.

FYI the gate guard bird is a VIP bird.

I have one......and have unlimited access to the archives here at Cherry Point, to include dozens of photos of UH-34's in Vietnam. Dozens of photos that are clear enough and cover enough.......to draw decals.

Ooh Rah!

Dave

or those mekong deltas you talked about!!! i'd so be in for 3.

semper fi

Dan

Wow, finally something to update the kits. Personally I only have 2 of the kits and even then one of them is started (badly) but I took it from the guy as I think I can salvage it. You know with Italeri having that kit in their 1/72nd stable you would think they would do something for us larger scale guys.

Hmmm, come to think of it I also have a Cutting Edge set. Oh well the more sets the merrier.

cheers

Chris

Edited by skyhawk174

Yeah... definitely need decals for -34s...

Dave, any chance of slipping an Army H-34 on one of those sheets? :P

Could even do the Army/Marines Presidential flight.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian
Yeah... definitely need decals for -34s...

Dave, any chance of slipping an Army H-34 on one of those sheets? :thumbsup:

Could even do the Army/Marines Presidential flight.

Jon

that would be kinda cool!

semper fi

Dan

I would be happy if I could just find one!

I have 2 of the 1/72 kits but, I could detail the 48th one a lot better for my buddies memorial build.

as he drops the not so subtle hint :thumbsup:

semper fi

Dan

as he drops the not so subtle hint ;)

semper fi

Dan

Naaaaaaaaaa, I'll go ahead and build the 72nd kit.

I had a very good friend killed in an H-34, while defoliating cotton in the Central Valley of California, in '89. It's gonna be a memorial to Ronny. I've got several other 'memorial' builds in the works for fire bomber pilots killed while fighting forest fires.

Grasshopper must be learn patience.

I picked up one on here for $40.

AAAARRRGH!!!! :thumbsup: Yuck Foo grasshopper! May your wife catch the package at your door, assume it came from me, and forward it back to my address!!! :rolleyes:

AAAARRRGH!!!! :pray: Yuck Foo grasshopper! May your wife catch the package at your door, assume it came from me, and forward it back to my address!!! :P

:rolleyes:

I am sorry I can't hear you...... :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

just got an e-mail from Oz, and he's recieved his first casting of the wessex updates. and plans on a few mods before releasing it. he's hoping for an early september release. then it should't be any time before he gets an early version on the sikorsky 34D. as i said earlier will keep everyone aprised of any and all updates.

semper fi

Dan

Edited by marine4 ever
  • 2 weeks later...
just got an e-mail from Oz, and he's recieved his first casting of the wessex updates. and plans on a few mods before releasing it. he's hoping for an early september release. then it should't be any time before he gets an early version on the sikorsky 34D. as i said earlier will keep everyone aprised of any and all updates.

semper fi

Dan

Hi Dan,

any good news about those update sets???

All the best.

Marco

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Hi Dan,

any good news about those update sets???

All the best.

Marco

:thumbsup:

As a matter of fact i just got an e-mail from Oz today. he has sent the final bits to Ian over at heritage aviation and is planning to show them at IPMS U.K. next month so they should be available online at that time. Remember that this current set is for the Wessex but there are commonalities between the wessex and h-34. the IP and cockpit layout will be different but correct seats rear bulkhead, wheels and struts etc. will all be accurate for 34's. he is still planning on making corrected 34 resin upgrades and given the time frame i'd say next spring would be the time i'd expect him to have them ready. i've attached a pic of the test shots. i'll keep in touch with Oz and let everyone know when to expect more from him.

Semper fi

Dan

document1941679bi6.jpg

Edited by marine4 ever
  • 5 months later...