Eduard 1/48 FW190A-6

This is the kit

DSC_0005.jpg

I'm adding detail on top of detail here. The kit is already a gem but I also splurged on the BigEd photo-etch set for it. Here is the

cockpit with coloured PE from the kit.....the rest of the swag comes along later (gun bay, flaps, engine).....Man this thing is small

after doing 1/32 though :)

Painted with MM RLM66 enamel and dry-brushed with RLM02....the photos seem to show a bit of a mis-match between the MM and the

colouted PE...but I think this may be the flash. It's actually pretty close in reality.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

I had a bit of a senior moment when deciding on the decals. I went looking for the kit decals and

they were not there. I thought I was ripped off until I went through my PM's and found I mailed them

off to a fellow ARCer last September :doh:. I had purchased some AM decals with the intent of entering

this into the NightFighter GB, but it didn't happen. So the decals will be after-market....I'll show them

later.

Thanks for looking

:worship:

Uhhhh this is gonna be great!!!!!!

I love the Focke and especially the A range...the checkernose would have been really nice but your aftermarket decals will work too...

cant wait to get my hands over mine too!!!

Cheers mate

:salute:

Thanks Jack! :thumbsup:

Actually I have a checker-nose version in 1/32...I think it's an older release from Hasegawa that was re-boxed? I'm pretty

sure I would paint the checks if I did it and there's no way I would try it in a scale other than 1/32 :woot.gif:

• 3 weeks later...

This kit is tough slogging when you add in the extra detail bits. It's a bit of an exercise in project management since every step in the

regular instructions needs to be checked against the 3 detail sets to see if something has been replaced or enhanced. The matching

between kit instructions and P/E instructions however is bang-on since they are both from Eduard.

Anyway...here's the engine with the P/E added

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Thanks for looking

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.....been in Italy for the last 2 weeks so I'm easing back into things. 86 pages of new posts and found this on pg 52....almost forgot

I had something on the go :doh:

Special thanks to Chuck for checking in....I'm in awe of your work on the Hell-Diver Sir :cheers:

• 2 months later...

I think I see why this kit shows up so in-frequently here. It's a bit of a bear...add to that the extra P/E and it

can turn into a little nightmare. It seems for every part I get on I knock 2 off :doh: but I'm here for a sit-rep

to show that this thing actually is moving forward :)

Managed to get it together, primed and pre-shaded....mind you the amount of bits that have been

broken off that need to be re-applied is mounting (see the gun-mount and vents for an example)

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

Flaps are Eduard P/E...not as fiddly as some of their flap sets (eg the AM Avenger)

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

Here it is after getting the RLM76 on, breaking off a few more bits (flaps, aileron!) and a re-touch up of

over-spray in the gun bay. All the open hatches on this thing make it a challenge to mask.

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'm going to try to get this beast off my bench thru the Xmas break if

possible.

I think I see why this kit shows up so in-frequently here. It's a bit of a bear...add to that the extra P/E and it

can turn into a little nightmare. It seems for every part I get on I knock 2 off :touche: but I'm here for a sit-rep

to show that this thing actually is moving forward :cheers:

Looking very pretty sir - svelte work...

wow, nice start on your wurger, the engine is simply gorgeous.

I didn't put myself through the extra-PE treatment with the A8 kit, it was already giving me enough of a headache out of the box.

Did you have to sand the wing's leading edge too? I couldn't manage to get the wing halves to line up properly.

What paint scheme did you choose?

Edited by Musical_Box

Thanks Lads :touche:

MB, I gave the decal sheet from the kit away last year so it's an A-6 from SuperScale sheet 48-887

Obfw. Gunther Migge 1./NJGr. 10 1944. Frankly...it's the only A-6 I had decals for :cheers:

The leading edge of the wing generated a step when the trailing edges met....so the step was built up using

a combination of Tamiya putty and Mr Surfacer.

• 4 weeks later...

The stuggle continues. Since so many pieces were breaking I decided to power through with gloss / decals and a wash. The Engine mounting and

landing gear setup will be left to the very end. Here's a couple of shots of progress thus far

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Should be able to put this one to bed this week.

Thanks for looking

:cheers:

This is gonna be a real keeper when you are done! I am gonna have to get in there and open that Royal Class.....

Looks great!!

-Jim

The Royal Kit :)

If I had to do 2 of these at once I'd have a pile of parts and a lobotomy (or a bottle in front of me)

This kit is a kit that makes me want to review my one kit at a time philosophy. Many times I've thought of

canning it or putting it aside and starting something easier. On any given day it either makes me want to Git'R done or

just do nothing. Finishing it will be a reward in itself.......probably should have held off on all the extras and just went

OOB on the first one. Problem is I have an A-8 with the Big-ED set too :thumbsup:

Man that looks great, I take it the kit comes with the engine? I got to get me one of those....

-Al

Al, the kit comes with an engine with maybe 20 odd parts including a nice little jig for lining up the exhaust stacks

properly (individual matched pieces). The Big-Ed set then throws another 20-30 P/E pieces at it including wires. Mine

has all of the doo-dads minus the odd piece that has fallen off :D

The base kit is quite detailed OOB. The P/E sets have you scraping off base detail to add finer/more detail in places.

I've already struggled with the engine bracing before and it wasn't fun....hence the moving ahead with decals etc. I'm

not looking forward to going back to it. The kit is almost too detailed to the point you would need to shrink yourself

and use tiny tools. The gear leg attachments look strange too....not the normal setup.....looks like another challenge

coming up.

I'd like to see this kit and all the swag scaled up to 1/32....I left off most of the stencils and placards I have since

you can't even see them with magnification let alone from across the room. I did however stuggle with the red

trim tabs and their stencils....just because they look cool :salute: