Tamiya 32nd F-15C Aggressor

Started this model several years ago and was set on doing the 33rd from Eglin AFB but then Scott had to come out with the 65th Aggressors sheet and it was all over :thumbsup: . After the Nats and some commision builds I pulled this back out and started it back up. Most of the building has been done but I am getting it cleaned up and ready for paint. I started with the exhaust section, using my favorite Alclad paints, Dark Aluminum for the panel lines, then overspray with Dull Aluminum and finally Aluminum. I then sprayed some of the transpartent blue for the heating effect, what do you guys think is it too much? More to follow Erick

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Heres todays update redid the engines took a little blue out and worked on the pilot Erick

In all seriousness, have you ever tried SnJ's polishing powders? You can get some really cool streaked effects that are hard to duplicate w/ and air brush. They tone out base colors too.

Timmy!

Edited by Timmy!

Well here is todays work, wasnt to happy with the colors on the last area where the exhaust attaches too, so I mixed Alclad Dark, Dull, and regular Aluminum along with a little Jet Exhaust and Transparent Blue and am alot happier with the shade, also hit some of the panel lines with a very light coat to break it up. If you haven't seen the thread in General Discussion about the foam tape that Andy Gudbergsson got from WalMart go get some, it is awesome used it to mask over the Alclad and it worked like a charm didnt lift it up and no residue. Got the ACMI pod made from a Sidewinder body and attached the syringe tube with super glue then sanded it to shape, added the balance weights with Tamiya tape and some strip and finally a piece of straight pin for the tip. On the AIM-9X, I cut off the tip painted it silver then added a drop of Gloss Black to simulate the seeker reticle, and then slowly added super glue to make the clear nose, not to bad and looks pretty close. Also added the AIM-9X helmet tracker (I think thats what it is) to the side of the canopy railing with associated wires and stuff, and the manual unlock lever on the opposite side, (Thanks Jake for the Eagle book it is a lifesaver). Also added what I think is the interface cable from the JHMCS helmet to the AIM-9X to the back of the pilots helmet with wire and some extra resin bits. Hopefully will get the paint that I ordered in today so I can start the camo. Enjoy Erick

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

Edited by CW4 Erick Swanberg

Good catch Chief!! I nearly forgot about the fact that Tamiya used the Mudhens fuselage for the C model. Must notate changes for my kit as well!!

Good to have a couple sets of eyes huh??!!!

Cheers

Mike

BTW Erick, its looking sweet!! Careful of the intake fit as well as its a touch tricky. Also, didnt know if you got the CE shortened exhausts or not. The Tamiya ones are quite a bit too long.

HTH

Mike

will do thanks bro

Erick.....fill in one set of the doors on top of the engine humps. Strikes have two per hump, but the albino has one set. Fill in the forward door. Also in the center, between the humps is the the JFS chimney. If you notice, since the mold is from the origional Strike Eagle kit, it has exhaust louvers on both sides. The albino has one. See page 70 in Jakes book.

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the kit, aft of the MLG? I think there are a couple other panels on the bottom that need to be filled in.

Mike yes I got the CE exhausts, yeah I cut the intakes in half and then cut the fronts in half so they spread out more. Erick

Good catch Chief!! I nearly forgot about the fact that Tamiya used the Mudhens fuselage for the C model. Must notate changes for my kit as well!!

Good to have a couple sets of eyes huh??!!!

Cheers

Mike

BTW Erick, its looking sweet!! Careful of the intake fit as well as its a touch tricky. Also, didnt know if you got the CE shortened exhausts or not. The Tamiya ones are quite a bit too long.

HTH

Mike

(Thanks Jake for the Eagle book it is a lifesaver).

You're welcome, dude! I just love seeing it put to good use by someone with your talent!

Hey, when you get a chance, I need your e-mail to send you the pics of this jet.

Jake

80-0010_65AGRS_JMelampy.jpg

80-0010_2_65AGRS_JMelampy.jpg