Problem With Luckymodel

Hi All

I have been using Lucky Model for a few years now and have had no problems till now. I placed an order over two months ago for thre items , 1/35 Chinook, tape and weathering wash.

The problem is that two of the items were in and one wasn't ( the Chinook) then when it finally arrived in stock (and after many emails later) the tape was out of stock. So to speed things up I deleted the tape but then the Chinook was out of stock again ARRGGHHHH..

Sooooo, i deleted the chinook checked to make sure everything was in stock, placed a new order with a 1/32 Flanker this time and guess what? the %^&*%# tape is out of stock again.

So for a friendly tip:

1. Make sure the items are in stock.

2. Maybe order one item at a time.

Hopefully i will have my items soon.

Stuart

Hi All

I have been using Lucky Model for a few years now and have had no problems till now. I placed an order over two months ago for thre items , 1/35 Chinook, tape and weathering wash.

The problem is that two of the items were in and one wasn't ( the Chinook) then when it finally arrived in stock (and after many emails later) the tape was out of stock. So to speed things up I deleted the tape but then the Chinook was out of stock again ARRGGHHHH..

Sooooo, i deleted the chinook checked to make sure everything was in stock, placed a new order with a 1/32 Flanker this time and guess what? the %^&*%# tape is out of stock again.

So for a friendly tip:

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

Could you drop me a PM so that we can figure out for you ? Sorry for the "Warehouse space optimizer" squeeze the relocated items.

Raymond,

this is not an attempt to criticize , but a number of members have complained of much the same matter.

I would , if in your position, either make a feed back/comments available and more clearly visible -good / bad comments always go to improve the system.

also ,as many have said in other posts ,REPLY to potentially problematic queries ,as it appears custmers have had to repeatedly send emails

This would definitely help boost confidence in trading , as it will give a picture that customers are not being ignored, and will come back in confidence..

As I said , this is just an observation, not criticism

Hope this and other comments will help..........

Ed

Raymond,

this is not an attempt to criticize , but a number of members have complained of much the same matter.

I would , if in your position, either make a feed back/comments available and more clearly visible -good / bad comments always go to improve the system.

also ,as many have said in other posts ,REPLY to potentially problematic queries ,as it appears custmers have had to repeatedly send emails

This would definitely help boost confidence in trading , as it will give a picture that customers are not being ignored, and will come back in confidence..

As I said , this is just an observation, not criticism

Hope this and other comments will help..........

Ed

Dear Ed,

Yes, the problematic issue come from different stocking property for different brand/supply. Also, the product range also consistute to the problem. We are now finalizing the back office system to resolve this matter by "providing" an "Express" mode order processing where Real-Time Inventory will be given before the order placement.

In case of either one item is not ready for immediate shipment, the system will automatically ask the customer whether he wants to wait or allow partial shipment.

We will release the upgrade before the coming X'mas season.

• 1 year later...

Lucky Models: Bought some decals about 2 years ago, paid for them, nevr received one set, low and behold yesterday they showed up, with a nice note about how sorry they were for the delay, and a cashiers check for the origional purchases.

So don't know if this should be placed here except for the fact I never heard from them.

Hi All

So for a friendly tip:

Stuart

• 1 month later...

Recently I have had issues with luckymodel as well. Th website says the item is in stock but when I place my order, the status remains 'in progress' for weeks. Then, I send them an email and they say they are awaiting the item to be restocked.

Luckymodel, please make sure your website accurately reflects what you have in stock.

Thanks.

Recently I have had issues with luckymodel as well. Th website says the item is in stock but when I place my order, the status remains 'in progress' for weeks. Then, I send them an email and they say they are awaiting the item to be restocked.

Luckymodel, please make sure your website accurately reflects what you have in stock.

Thanks.

Hi Zidane

I have been caught out by this before. The items in Luckymodel have two status. In Stock & Available. The Instock items are as they say in stock. The available items are in their inventory but are not in stock.

If you do have any problems send a message to Raymond Chung whos has replied to this thread.

He is very helpfull and will try and sort out any problems that you have. I still use Luckymodel for all my purschases and have not had any issues since my first thread i posted.

Good Luck

Stuart

• 1 month later...

It is getting extremely frustrating with LuckyModel. I have sent them several messages after they told me that they can't send my paint as they have to wait for it to be restocked. I requested a refund, or an immediate shipment of the paint. None has occurred. On top of that, they have stopped responding to my messages. I am truly disappointed!

It is getting extremely frustrating with LuckyModel. I have sent them several messages after they told me that they can't send my paint as they have to wait for it to be restocked. I requested a refund, or an immediate shipment of the paint. None has occurred. On top of that, they have stopped responding to my messages. I am truly disappointed!

Dear Janissary,

Could you drop me an email at raymond@luckymodel.com or raymondchung@hotmail.com ? Normally, our CS will reply all daily email. But we recently engage more and more problem on sending reply email to our customer due to mail spam filter or even sometimes, some email server reject our email.

We have setup a new hotmail backup account -> helplm.model@hotmail.com to avoid reply being bounce back.

I will take care your case personally. (Sorry the paints restock takes more times than other due to DG cargo shipment is required).

In that case, why don't you help out Helo Dud on his stuff? He has a Kinetic E2C Hawkeye that was missing parts, which you said you would take care of and have yet too.

Been over a month now and no reply of warranted help. Send his decals and instructions already!

In that case, why don't you help out Helo Dud on his stuff? He has a Kinetic E2C Hawkeye that was missing parts, which you said you would take care of and have yet too.

Been over a month now and no reply of warranted help. Send his decals and instructions already!

Hello Pickles,

Those request has been send out already. But I doubt if our reply email has been failed to reach him. Helo Dud if you read this, please contact me again if you don't get the item you need.

• 3 weeks later...

Its interesting, Ive been seeing this same complaint about the "IN STOCK: vs "AVAILABLE" problem for along time now. Many people, including myself have ordered "IN STOCK" items, only to be charged for the item, and no item ever appears..I also see post responses like these from Lucky Model, on various forums, claiming how sorry they are for the problem and theyre working on solving the issues... this has gone on for over a year now, and there seems to be nothing done about the STOCK status issues...only apologies with no real effort to get things done. does Lucky Model actually have any plans to fix the issue? or are you just content on dowsing the fire with some sprinkles of water hoping to keep the customers without solving the ongoing problem?

Its interesting, Ive been seeing this same complaint about the "IN STOCK: vs "AVAILABLE" problem for along time now. Many people, including myself have ordered "IN STOCK" items, only to be charged for the item, and no item ever appears..I also see post responses like these from Lucky Model, on various forums, claiming how sorry they are for the problem and theyre working on solving the issues... this has gone on for over a year now, and there seems to be nothing done about the STOCK status issues...only apologies with no real effort to get things done. does Lucky Model actually have any plans to fix the issue? or are you just content on dowsing the fire with some sprinkles of water hoping to keep the customers without solving the ongoing problem?

I don't think their stock status is real time. It probably only gets updated once a day or so. If there is only 1 of an item left in stock and someone places an order 5 minutes before you do, they will get it and you will have to wait until they get a restock. Unfortunate, but that sometimes happens with this type of inventory system.

AND it is hardly unique to Lucky Model, in fact the majority of online hobby shops use a system similar to Lucky. That is part of the reason why Sprue Bros and Mid-Tenn Hobbies rock, as they use a real-time inventory system!

• 3 months later...

My first order with LuckeyModel was my last.

I have pretty much the same story as everyone else. I ordered something that was in stock only to find that it was out of stock and never show up. I took a few e-mails and a couple of months to figure that out. I eventually changed my order and got something else. That being said, I would just rather not deal with such poor service. I was bummed too, I really wanted that Voyager Stuka super-duper detail set.

The whole thing is really too bad because they have some great deals from time to time.

BC

Thanks.

Yeah, had the same exact thing happpen, orderd two kits that were "in stock" which is why I ordered them, they were "in stock", payment was processed within minutes then after waiting two full weeks with my order status "in progress" I sent an enquiry to see if there was a problem..........only to be told that the kits I ordered were not in stock and it would be three months before they were restocked! I was given the option of waiting or ordering something else, but since at this point I had been charged for something that wasn't avaliable I had little confidence that if I ordered something else I would get it, all the while my CC would be charged for stuff I might not get, so I just canceled the order and am waiting for the refund to show on the statement. It would have been really nice for Lucky Model to let me know that instead of me haveing to go to them, especially as my order summary continued to show the kits as in stock and I had been charged for them. That was my first order with them, and my last! Oh well, their poor inventory system and customer service cost them a potential customer.

Edited by unh1

I totally agree with everybody's comments. Lucky Models is by far the worst website to by stuff and do business with. Not only for plastic modeling, I mean among all the websites I have used to purchase something. In this day and age, it's so frustrating why they can't get their act together and fix their problems. I refuse to buy anything from them from now on (they won't have it in stock anyway....)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, a couple of years ago i made an order to LUCKYMODEL, it was my first time with them, an Hasegawa 1/48 F-8E crusader, usually it takes a month to recieve it, but...., it never came here, so when i went to the mail office they said that the address wasn´t right, who lies? i made many orders to many places and i never had that problem, i know where i live, so... they sent it again to the sender, when i tried to contact LUCKYMODEL i had no answer at all.... what happened?... the thing is that the credit card was charged so I HAD TO PAY FOR IT and i expected that maybe at least i could pay for the shipping again and they will send my order again, but it never happened.

It was some time ago but i don´t forget, it´s a pity, they have good prices and stock but i´m afraid to order again.

Any answer from you people of LUCKYMODEL??? it´s better late than never.

Hi All

I started this topic nearly two years ago when I had issues with the "Available" and "In Stock" designations to their stock.

Raymond Chung sorted it out for me very quickly and I was happy with the result.

I have been ordering since then and have had 1st class service, even to the point with my last order where a bottle of primer had leaked in the bag. A new one was despatched the next day with a sorry note and no charge.

So they still get the thumbs up :doh: for me and i'll still keep ordering from them.

Stuart

Are all these problems with LM recent guys? I've ordered from them for the past year and a half and have had no problem, but I haven't ordered anything since January. Are they just having problems right now? Should I wait to order?

My issue with them occured 4-6 weeks ago.

• 1 year later...

Anyone encountered problem with LM recently?

My parcel ordered during their $2 flat shipping promotion has yet arrived after close to 9 weeks...

This is worrysome as stock piles stated In-Stock at time of order...

Are you concerned about the 9 weeks? I believe the $2 flat rate is surface shipping, which is the slowest there is. I've had air mail take 2 weeks, so 9 weeks for surface isn't a great surprise. Plus, their page says surface takes 6-12 weeks, so 9 weeks is right in the middle of that. Want it faster, then you have to pay for faster shipping. That's the trade off for dirt cheap shipping across the ocean

The issue I'm facing here involve the following...

1. Order #1: Overdue shipping (My area location reckon 8 weeks leadtime)

2. My parcel tracking ID not traceable on their Post system.

3. When queried about, LH recently replied with revised parcel departure date. (No reason given though)

- Departure date was edited from 28 Feb to 27 April... (More waiting I guess...)

4. In between, placed Order #2 and was informed parcel delivery dated 27 April (Air Shipping)... but tracking ID not found on HK Post System...

* Just not sure whats going on....!