A Jaguar, F/A-18F and F-15E

First up, Revells superb F-15E Strike Eagle in 1/48. Decals from Twobobs 'da heath' sheet, other add ons include the 500lb JDAMs and Sniper pod from Shawn Hull, LGBs, 2000lb JDAM and the Lantirn nav pod from the Hasegawa weapons set, and the Wolfpack designs F-15E update set. Slightly disappointed with the paintwork on this, turned out a bit dark :worship:. Brush painted with Revell enamel 'Gunship grey' which turned out horribly light and matt, until I put the first coat of future on it upon which point it went really dark! Doubt I'll use this paint again...

Mudhen%20(5).JPG

Mudhen%20(6).JPG

Next, the Revells 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet. Not as good a kit as the Strike Eagle, with the engine intakes and nose section proving particularly bad in terms of fit. Surface detail is a bit shallow for brush painters like me too :worship:.

Decals are from Afterburner, with this jet done up as the CAG jet from VFA-154 'Black Knights'. The black/red tails were masked and painted with Halfords car paints - I did the black first with the red fin tip, but upon applying the red decals to the fins they looked a bit pink as the colour density wasn't good enough, so off they came and I painted the red over the black and added the 'N' and 'G' letters from a Superscale decal sheet.

Fuel tanks from Royale resin (excellent if rather heavy castings), pilot figures from the spares box...

Knight%20(1).JPG

Knight%20(2).JPG

Knight%20(4).JPG

Last up, Airfix's 1/48 Jaguar GR1, as 'Johnny Fartpants' from the Gulf War. Built straight from the box with the addition of Shawn Hulls CBU-87 cluster bombs and Model Alliance decals. Quite happy with how this turned out, with the weathering and paint chipping effects.

Granbyjag%20(1).JPG

Granbyjag%20(2).JPG

Granbyjag%20(3).JPG

All constructive criticism welcome...one day I'll get a better camera!

The F-15E looks just fine. You'll be amazed at how many "shades" of gunship gray there are and how it weathers and changes, especially on the LN birds. The English weather just plain old does not agree with them, and they really show it. Even if they have been very well taken care of, the jets based at LN just look beat up. So, you may not be perfectly happy with it, but I can tell you that it's perfectly accurate like that.

Aaron

Blown away by the 3 superb builds. Really like the Jag mate. :D Impressed with the finishing. I wouldn't conern myself too much on the eagle as the guys have said every plane is different and weathers uniquely........ End result you have a great looking eagle there...The best part is that all 3 are done the way planes should be ...wheels up baby. B)

Cheers buddy