1/48th Revell / Monogram F-106 with 84th FIS Markings

Revell / Monogram F-106 with original Superscale release of the 84th Fighter Interceptor Squadron markings

Built for Sam, the same pilot as the Florida F-16 I just did. Sam flew the 106 at Castle AFB, CA in the 70s

DSC_4332.JPG

I made his name decal on the PC for under the canopy rail, and the tail serial as well

DSC_5114.jpg

Did the weapons' bay open at his request, didn't have any detailed shots of the bay, so not sure everything is actually green. The main gear doors were tricky - the fuselage in front of the door is not the same height as at the back of the door, therefore creating a big step. I filled in the back of the door edges to close it off, and not be able to see inside. The nose gear dear was tricky as well

DSC_5109.jpg

The intake splitter decals came with the kit and are for another squadron and different part of the plane's markings, but I cut them to fit the plate - the shape and width of each color band was perfect. The blue should be a bit darker actually

The tank markings are a bit different than when he actually flew with the unit

DSC_5103.jpg

DSC_5100.jpg

DSC_5107.jpg

DSC_5108.jpg

thanks for looking,

Cheers

Ken

Cool build Ken! :cheers:

Open weapons bay and in-flight display really set off this build from others :yahoo:

=Awan

thanks Anthony - Sam has some patches he is going to place on the base along with an engraved brass plate I got, so that won't look barren

Gorgeus 106!

wow!

thanks Charles

Nice Looking jet Ken! I remember waaaaay back when I built that kit and used about a tube of Testors glue to get the weapons bay doors on!

Sponge

thanks Sponge - doing the weapons bay open was easier than I thought it would be, including the doors - thank goodness for thick superglue and accelerator! It was a bit of a hassle to paint inside the doors though

Ken, with your permission I'd like to add the pics of the F-106 to my F-106 Delta Dart RC and Models page.

Patrick, thanks, it would be an honor to have it on there. You can grab these pics, or I can send you them separately.

Also, if interested, I did a 48th MA ANG F-106 last year

http://www.aero-cafe.com/scale_models/otis...f-106/f-106.htm

Great site by the way :thumbsup: