Here's all of the ones I've seen in museums (I'm a little young to have seen any flying...born in '87 :whistle:)

Mk. 2 18106 at Campbellford, Ontario (formerly at the Lambeth Legion)

IMG_4014.jpg

Mk. 4 18241 at Dayton, Ohio

IMG_8316.jpg

Mk. 5 18757 at Ottawa, Ontario

CanadaAviationMuseum180.jpg

Mk. 5 18774 at Trenton, Ontario

RCAFMuseum053.jpg

Mk. 5 Insructional 814B (not sure of the RCAF service number yet) at Trenton, Ontario

IMG_2778.jpg

Mk. 5 18506 on the pole at Hamilton, Ontario airport (across the parking lot from CWH)

IMG_4434.jpg

And of course CWH's Mk. 5 18785, but I'm sure Tony has a much nicer picture than I do, so I won't put one here.

But I will post a picture of the model I built of it for Heritagecon '08. (when I finished it I found out that I forgot to put weight in the nose :woot.gif: )

Untitled-1copy.jpg

:deadhorse1:

Here's all of the ones I've seen in museums (I'm a little young to have seen any flying...born in '87 :))

Mk. 2 18106 at Campbellford, Ontario (formerly at the Lambeth Legion)

IMG_4014.jpg

:lol:

Wow luv that Mk 2 Are they going to restore it? I sure hope so,very rare bird!!! As for the bird at the Wing next door,I see it everyday but have no pics of it :blink:

Thanks for posting

Tony

Wow luv that Mk 2 Are they going to restore it? I sure hope so,very rare bird!!! As for the bird at the Wing next door,I see it everyday but have no pics of it :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting

Tony

Probably won't be restored any time in the near future. It's at Harold Carlaw's Memorial Military Museum. If he does someday, I hope he keeps the VC markings under the wings!

And I was referring to CWH's Mk. 5 in the retirement scheme, not the one on the pole.

:bandhead2:

Ill have to take a picture or 2 of the on "on a pole" here by a well know park here in Moncton, Its a Mk5, possibly from Vu33 but not sure and Id love some confirmation. Here is a pic I took a few years back with a cheaper camera, it was posted to Modeling Madness for thier "Planes on Poles" gallery, looks like Scott Van Aken corrected my description, he says its from EWU?

charliearsenaultcf100.jpg

410 Squadron

100551410Sqdn-1.jpg

CF100_410Sqd_Nfld_Oct57_.jpg

CF100_410Sqd_Nfld_Oct57_2.jpg

At gun camp, Deci, Sardinia. 440 Squadron discovers the peril of building one to one scale is having to move it.

100XXXDeci-1.jpg

445 Squadron, Marville, France 1958

18360Mk4445SqdnMarville19581-1.jpg

445 Squadron, Marville, France 1958

18360Mk4445SqdnMarville19582-1.jpg

433 Squadron 1958

18663CF100Mk5M433SqdnRCAF1958-1.jpg

Edited by Sean Bratton

This was at CFB Edmonton back when it was a "real"base

scan0354.jpg

I remember that one well! A Mk.5D playing the part of a Mk.4

I also remember CFB Edmonton well as an air base. I grew up in Edmonton and was an Air Cadet there. My unit went to the base regularly.

I recall when the Alberta Aviation Museum got the aircraft from the base when the base was handed off to the army. Last I saw that Clunk, it was rather faded and kept outdoors at the museum at the Edmonton municipal airport.

I also recall a CF-100 in 416 markings at the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin.

I have a few photos of both, unfortunately they are well away from me and in boxes at my mom's place back in Canada.

Some great pics in this thread - I have a 1:72 kit to build, and will definitely use some of these as references. I have some black and white pics of the Clunk that I will post soon (can't do it from work; photobucket is banned on my work network). My father was a Navigator on the CF-100 in Bagotville (where I was born while he was here finishing up a squadron tour). He loved the airplane, which was quite high performance for its time. Some facts he told me about it, which are quite impressive considering this aircraft flew in the early 50s:

-it would climb quickly to 40,000 feet (something like 7 minutes)

-when his squadron received Mk 5s (with wing extensions), they flew them like the Mk 4s, but found out some time later that they had been overstressing the airframes. Apparently, the Mk 5 had about 2 G less permissible than the Mk 4. Good thing they were built strong - no wings fell off during that period.

-his favourite tale was of a squadron party on a Friday night sometime circa 1958, where one of the other Navs had received an 8mm film back from developing. Remember when you used to send films in the mail and wait for weeks to get them back before putting them in the projector and showing them to family and friends? OK, I'm old now too :wave: Anyway, the big group was drinking beers and smoking cigarettes, cheering as they saw the jumpy black and white film clips, and suddenly dead silence. One small voice that said "let's see that again". the sound of the projector being rewound a few seconds. More silence as the images replayed. The scene that got everyone's attention so completely was taken by the Nav in a back seat, filming one of the wingtip mounted rocket pods as it was fired during a rocket meet. The rockets came out in a fast volley, and the part that turned the film-taking Nav white was where two of the rockets collided on their way out, and one veered suddenly toward the fuselage, and roared by within inches of the top of the canopy! Seems they had fewer volunteers to live fire those rockets after that little incident.

ALF

As promised, some pics that came from my father's log book. He is the Nav standing nearest to the engine. Taken in Bagotville, circa 1957, 413 squadron.

ALF

Great shots! thanks for sharing with us

Cheers

Tony

No pics, but a question for Clunkophiles - does anyone know where I might obtain a detail cutaway, the sort you would see in 'Flight'? I'm doing a 'what if' (what else?) and I might need to justify a few things.

Edited by The Rat