Colourful Ones & "Full Flap" (update 12/09/13)

Hi AV O!

Welcome to ARC!

No, you didn't bore us at all! You have some great models there, and I'm quite a fan of the 200 scale when we talk big birds. I prefer the 144 only for narrow bodies...

It's a pleasure to see your builds, we're all here to learn from each other, all the time - it's never too much!

There's an airliner group build running at the "Group Builds" forum. If you got something boxed in your stash and begging to be built, share the build with us!

Regards

Eduardo

carioca said:
It's a pleasure to see your builds, we're all here to learn from each other, all the time - it's never too much!

Eduardo

I worked harder on some. I have always wanted to give them a "live" attitude. So one day, I started cutting, shaping, sanding,..

At last, one day...

747wing.jpg

747above.jpg

4arrd.jpg

You have experienced this last moment of flight. Engines at idle, almost no noise, then... touchdown, roaring reverses.... Only the tyres smoke is misssing !

Back.jpg

Front.jpg

Edited by AV O

DUUUDE!

Look at those flaps, slats, spoilers, reversers... AMAZING!

Would you please post some more detailed pics of these incredible builds?!?! They're awesome! Great job!!!

Regards

Eduardo

So the 737's quartet turned into a quintet.

The 737-300 which does not exist in this scale (this may be a reason why you see so many decals on sale for this type) is a shortened -400.

737sfor_Takeoff.jpg737s_Family2.jpg737sPark.jpg

Here is a Boeing Family picture :

Photode_Famille.jpg

Edited by AV O
  • 1 year later...
carioca said:
DUUUDE!

Look at those flaps, slats, spoilers, reversers... AMAZING!

Would you please post some more detailed pics of these incredible builds?!?! They're awesome! Great job!!!

Regards

Eduardo

To answer your request, here are a few more pictures :

DC-10

Above.jpgFaceJPG.jpg

left.jpg

[DC_10_Wing_Below.jpg

L-1011 Tristar

Lflapsdown.jpgBackrightflapsdown.jpg

Backx2.jpg

Edited by AV O

As they would not fit on the same post, here are more :

B-727-200

B_727_Block_Time.jpg

B_727_200_BLock.jpg

B-737-300

*These were used day shift for charter flights and after QC pallets were loaded, used night shift for mail transport. Hence the "La Poste" yellow sticker at the back.

As said above, this kit does not exist as such. It is a shortened -400.

B_737_300_Left_Side.jpg

B_737_300_Block.jpg

B_737_300_Front.jpg

B-747-300

*This "2 in one" airplane represents 2 of the 4  747-300 Air France inherited from UTA :   F-BTDH / DH-

In fact these two were -200 Combi turned into SUD. The two others, F- GETA / TB were real -300, Combi as well. UTA used them on their African network in 7 or 11 pallets versions depending on the season. Air France used them in a high density lay out on their West Indies network.

Profile_AF.jpg

Profile_UT.jpg

B-747-400

*This "2 in one" airplane represents the two 747-400   - F-GEXA / XB -  Air France inherited from UTA.

F-GEXB being a Combi, had to be the left side as can be seen in the first part of the topic.

747_400_AFProfile.jpg

747_400_UTProfile.jpg

Edited by AV O
  • 1 year later...

Some time ago I had presented these "broken wings".

The earlier version B-737-200 was missing though.

Here is what I managed to do, trying to build how this tricky system works.

B_737_200.jpgB_737belowfront.jpg

Edited by AV O
  • 1 year later...
On 20/03/2011 at 4:13 PM, TheFlyingDutchman said:

Very nice work!! I like your representation of the bucket thrust reversers on the 737-200.

I messed up with the reverses (on the pictures above), so I reworked them.The exhaust body was too short and the buckets were intermeshing with the flaps.

I had to work on the flaps as well. On the 737-200 a small part remains attached to the engine pylon while moving back.

Yes, the landing is very short this time again.

It is because the buckets were not visible on the runway, but are on the stripes background.

P1010001_1.jpgP1010003_2.jpg

P1010005_4.jpgP1010006_3.jpgP1010002_2.jpgP1010008_1.jpg

Airbus details next.

Edited by AV O

The Airbus A300 is now completed. It has not been without trouble.

This one being the first one, I fumbled to decide how to handle the wing and set which order to fix the elements on :

Every little movement causing a piece previously glued to fall down (Slats and spoilers have a very small contact surface) !!!

Holding it too tight causing the finger prints miserably printing !

P1010010.jpgP1010009.jpg

P1010005_3.jpgP1010004.jpg

P1010002_1.jpg

P1010014.jpg

Edited by AV O

Following on :

A loooong time ago, Daco granted us with a B-737-300 and to go along with it, beautiful sets of decals for Western Pacific airplanes. They were also released in 1/200th scale. The major problem is that, as it has been said, Hasegawa released the B-737 in both -500 and -400 types, but as no Japanese airline used the -300, this type never came out.

The solution was to customize and shorten a -400. The method proposed in an other thread may be agood one. I used my own, having been satisfied with it when I made the Aéropostale 737-300 (see above).

I am not fully satisfied with the result, as the decals are rather thick (and tend to break when drying on sharp curves) and have quite a lot of overlapping areas.

Softening liquid is required.

Daco instructions apply for its own version (1/144), and he probably had no chance to try them on this model !

Therefore, concerning some areas, these instructions are not suitable for the Hasegawa’s.

Unfortunately, I realized it to late, the decals already wet and on the kit, which explains they are a little wrinkled and damaged at some places as I had to remove them (with the damages and the rage you can imagine).

So, the result in the back part around the fin and the back door is not accurate if you compare it with a picture of the real airplane. The orange shape aft of the wing is also set too low.

But I was satisfied with the way I made the fuselage cuts as the windows and other decals fit on the fuselage.

On this very type, the problem with the decals occurs in the back part. On this kit, the horizontal tail is one piece and is set through the fuselage, while the vertical tail comes last to lock it from the top.

The tail decals must be applied first with the vertical tail on, then cut around the base of it, make the slots for the horizontal tail to go through, remove the fin and then assemble the tail elements back together. This last stage can wait until the end. This will apply for other decals such as The Simpsons.

The decal sheet is full of tiny details and you'll need a lot of patience to look out for the numbers and the order they must be put on.

I have a spare set and intend to make the next one a perfect one. But Broadmore seems to be a nice option too. What about the Simpsons ! You just the need too many 737s.

I can reassure those who made this kit before on one point : the rings removed from the -400 can be used on a -500 to build a-300.

P9190012.jpgP9190013.jpgP9190003.jpgP9190009.jpg

P9190005.jpg

P9190011.jpg

Edited by AV O
  • 2 months later...