Antonov An-32, Indian AF

Been beavering away on this beastie for a couple of weeks, now I've finally got something worth showing

Interior pics first of all - interior isn't too bad, certainly a good base for those who have the refs, time, skill and inclination to detail it up. However I'm too lazy, and 99% of it won't be seen once the fuselage is closed up

IP1.png

IP2.png

IP3.png

IP4.png

Fuselage closed up

IP5.png

I think we might be needing some filler.....

IP6.png

And this is what we are working towards. Always loved the Antonov series of turboprops, and the An-32 is easily my favourite with its high mounted engines

AIR_AN-32_at_Thiose_India_lg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nev,

Looking very good so far.

I will closely watch this build because it is in my to-do list...

BTW which color IAF color scheme are you going to do. old or new?

Regards

Vivek

Thanks Vivek, I will be doing the old school white and grey scheme, but not sure which variation (white/black radome, blue/black cheatline etc)

As for the kit itself, I've been spending a lot of time on it, without much to show. It would be fair to say its only the plastic thats holding the filler together :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the intrest - its on hold right now. Main construction is complete, and the first of what will be multiple rounds of PSR has begun. However I have a review kit to build for a magazine right now, so that takes priority. Despite the pain it will cause, I intend to return to this (and my Indian Mig-21) when the review kit is complete.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Like The Ring calling to Frodo, the An-32 has been calling to me, tempting me with its evil......here is how things currently stand

ip7.jpg

Check out the fit around the engines/wings - I had to cut huge chunks of plastic out of the engines just to get the wings through them.

ip8.jpg

ip10.jpg

ip9.jpg

Next up is getting the transparencies on, masking them, and then - gulp - primer....

This is one of a trio of Indian AF builds I've got on the go atm (other two are Mig-21F-13 and Canberra B(i).8 Want to get them done for Telford in 6 weeks.....

Like The Ring calling to Frodo, the An-32 has been calling to me, tempting me with its evil......here is how things currently stand

Looking very GOOD...

This is one of a trio of Indian AF builds I've got on the go atm (other two are Mig-21F-13 and Canberra B(i).8 Want to get them done for Telford in 6 weeks.....

Nev I am looking forward to seeing the Mig-21F-13 and the Canberra B..... If I get to Telford I will surely look these up Nev...

Anyway this An-32 is coming along BEAUTIFULLY..

Considering that you had to cut into the Engine to get the Wings aligned , it is still looking very impressive .. :) .

So Nev any more pics to satisfy MY hunger for the Indian AF models... :thumbsup:

No more pics I'm afraid. The Mig-21 is 90% construction complete, masking it up now. The Canberra I'm doing all the main construction but not much to show other than heavy panel lines and lots of filler needed!

I'll probly report this post to the mods to get this thread moved to in-progress.

• 5 months later...
No more pics I'm afraid. The Mig-21 is 90% construction complete, masking it up now. The Canberra I'm doing all the main construction but not much to show other than heavy panel lines and lots of filler needed!

I'll probly report this post to the mods to get this thread moved to in-progress.

okay stupid question,but has this been moved then..because I am gonna have to go and look...I have waited since Sept 2009 for this baby to show...I am going SEARCHING for this thread Nev....see ya....

HOLMES :thumbsup: