I know there are some issues with the first batch of C-17's delivered. Starting on mine tonight, I noticed that the NLG only had one axle molded. At first I thought I accidentally cut it off while trimming it but when I looked at my second kit, it was missing the axle as well.

NLG.jpg

Not to start a "slam the C-17" thread, it is a great kit and I wish I could do as good of a job when I first release things.

Oh wow! That's not good ROG. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix. You should send an email to ROG about this. I would, but I don't have the kit yet. Still waiting.

EDIT: So does this mean the C-5 is on hold?

Edited by CCAMXS
Oh wow! That's not good ROG. Shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix. You should send an email to ROG about this. I would, but I don't have the kit yet. Still waiting.

EDIT: So does this mean the C-5 is on hold?

I did fix it with a piece of .040 dia styrene. Will send photo to ROG Notice sent to ROG

Edited by drhornii

Hi guys,

The 1st RoG C-17 kit I bought had the same problem with the nose ldg axles BUT the 2nd kit was just fine with 2 perfectly molded nose ldg axles. That's why I thought I broke the 1st one...

Besides, I just noticed 2 things about the kit, landing gear area:

The main tires are 1mm too small in diameter (though correct in width), they measure at 0.78mm after sanding while they should measure at 0.88mm (127cm or 50in for the real ones). On the other side the nose tires are just perfect at 0.70mm after sanding (101.6cm or 40in for the real ones). Nothing terrible here but I immediately noticed the main tires being a little on the skinny side and I've ALWAYS been anal about landing gears and wheels (accuracy, strength, correct diameter tires and rims details), probably the assembly I prefer with the engines.

Then the main landing gear doors, incorrect for the rear ldg sets: they shouldn't be molded straight as on the kit but should feature an angled or canted cut as seen on this photo http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/B...ster/1402877/L/ . Again, nothing serious, very easily doable with a cutter and plastic sheet.

Huh... still a GREAT :bandhead2: kit !!! And to think I didn't like AT ALL the late test shots photos when they came out...

I've always said that there is no such thing as the perfect kit.

Then the main landing gear doors, incorrect for the rear ldg sets: they shouldn't be molded straight as on the kit but should feature an angled or canted cut as seen on this photo http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/B...ster/1402877/L/ . Again, nothing serious, very easily doable with a cutter and plastic sheet.

Now that is one cool picture. :bandhead2: