Photo Phixes with Lil' Chuk!

Well, I'm stuck at home with the flu again, so here's a little tip I've been meaning to share... the last pic is animated, so wait 5 seconds to see the change.

PhotoPhix_001.jpg

PhotoPhix_002.jpg

PhotoPhix_003.jpg

PhotoPhix_004.jpg

PhotoPhix_005.jpg

PhotoPhix_006.jpg

PhotoPhix_007.gif

Well, I'm stuck at home with the flu again, so here's a little tip I've been meaning to share... the last pic is animated, so wait 5 seconds to see the change.

Get well soon, boss!

(Also, tried Picasa? Does a fair bit of correction similarly BUT *has idiot mode* :worship:)

How in the world do you do the graphics/ animation for that post? That animation is one of the coolest things I have seen! Oh yeah, the photo retouching is great information but the method of presentation is just so outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

What chuckw said is absolutely perfect!!!

one thing though mates...it's about when you go to the levels option and move the little arrows.

In that pic chuckw moves only the white and grey arrows...that's because the "right hill" is the only one that "starts" on the far left. If you see the left one (black arrow) starts from the edge...that means it doesn't have to be adjusted...thus he moves only the white arrows where the "hill" begins...

buuuut...when you have the same thing also at the left you need to move both and to put the grey arrow at the right spot there's a simple method...here's illustrated..

PS: chuckw, I don't mean to take the place...I just wanted to point out a faster way for the guys out there...hope you don't mind!!!Let me kknow if it bothers you :cheers:

Cheers

foto1.jpg

foto2.jpg

foto3.jpg

I tried these techniques on some previously worthless photographs from a trip to D.C. and I was able to correct the light levels to resurrect the photos. Now I can use the photographs from the Air and Space Museum of the P-51D that I took to see the detail in the cockpit and the wing! Hurray! Oh yeah, I can also see the statue of Thomas Jefferson now but that is not as cool as being able to have good images of an aircraft!

Thanks guys!