Well I though I would transfer my build thread here.

If you want to check my initial progress here is the Original Build Thread

I am progressing with the interior walls, I have added a few of the stowage bays and the seats and step under them.

C-17InteriorSM01.jpg

This shot shows the wall section test fitted inside the fuselage. I hope to start on the other side once I get this side sorted.

C-17InteriorSM02.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 1 year later...

Time to report a little progress.

I have been working on the the interior and main wheel wells. I had some fit issues and realiased that one of the walls I had glued in was too low. So out it came and some re-adjustment to level things up.

Gear and support test fit

C-1727SEP10S1.jpg

Troop door excavation

C-1727SEP10S2.jpg

I also finally added a bulkhead to the left main wheel well and I have cut out the left troop door down back. I am in the throws of drilling and pinning the main gear components and keep breaking drill bits :banghead:

Anyway at least I back on this one. I will carry on with the gear so I can get the sponsons fitted and get back to the interior so Ican get it buttoned up.

Interior wall work (started on the other side)

C-1727SEP10S3.jpg

C-1727SEP10S4.jpg

That's it for now :crying:

Seems I am back into this build for a while

I have added the right hand sponsion and added some ribbing detail inside.

Portsponsonsm2.jpg

I am finding shape issues with most parts now. The sponson has been trimmed and thinned a little to make it look more the correct shape. Seems it may be a few mm too long as well but I am not going to correct that at this stage.

Portsponsonsm1.jpg

Update time….. Trying to compare pictures with what I have in kit for is very time consuming. I bit of a hit and miss affair with some simplification required. Some guess work is required with a few holes in the walk arounds I have.

I was not happy with the wall work I had previously done in the left hand fuselage half. So it all came out and I started again from scratch :lol: I realised the walls would not be perpendicular and that the troop seat step would encroach on to the cargo bay floor.

New and old left hand wall work

C-17InteriorLS4.jpg

I also got the wing spar carry through box together, I am sure it will need some adjusting when the time comes.

So after a couple of hours of cutting and gluing I was basically back to where I started from.

I have also started on the panel work next to the ramp and the reinforcing around the ramp area.

C-17InteriorLS1.jpg

Some test fitting of the Ramp sections as well was carried out. Since there was a bit of material removed when these parts were cut out I have space to play with after adding the internal ramp opening support work.

C-17InteriorLS5.jpg

C-17InteriorLS7.jpg

So once I have the framing in then it will have to go through it all again. I am sure also that the cargo floor I had created won’t fit and more than likely a new one will need to be fabricated.

Been beavering away for last week on bits and pieces. Mainly dealing with some fit issues but now have some progress to show. The RH sponson is now getting close to fitment. I have opened the aux gear door openings and removed the moulded on framework.

C-171010S3.jpg

I have also started adding the interior ribbing in the cargo area as well as tweaking the cockpit fit. The ribbing is bit on the thick side but once it gets hidden under a layer of PVA soaked tissue it shold be OK.

[imghttp://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/Aussie747/Transports/C-17/C-171010S1.jpg[/img]

C-171010S2.jpg

C-171010S4.jpg

:crying: