MiG-31 X Ural refueler ICM

Hello folks,

I'm in a cruel doubt, I have plans to build a Revell MiG-31, and to include a refueler truck together in a display base, and I want to know if that Ural Refuelers from ICM are correct to this use.

The kits wich I'm talking about are the following ones:

http://www.icm.com.ua/en/eshop/id76

image_76.jpg

http://www.icm.com.ua/en/eshop/id75

image_75.jpg

I'm asking about cause these two kits are very easy to find in our stores (I'm in Brazil S.A.) and very cheap too.

All I want to know is if these Ural trucks are used to refuel those MiGs today.

Please, forgive me if I'm asking some stupid question, but I'm so ignorant with soviet aviation, all I want to do is a nice display, but it doesn't need to be perfect, but a little bit correct.

I'll wait some opinions from you guys, before make a conclusion about.

Cheers

JM

I'm afraid I've never seen either of these refuelers on modern RusAF arifield.

If you want to show the exact condition of the MiG-31 airfield diorama,I would recommend you the TZ-22 heavy refueler or APA-5 from Ukrainian brand "Armory".

The TZ-22 heavy refueler is especially designed for those "fuel monsters" such as Tupolev bombers or MiG-25,MiG-31 interceptors.

Check this thread:

[Review]Armory 1/72 TZ-22 heavy airfield refueler kit

HTH,

Yufei

I'm afraid I've never seen either of these refuelers on modern RusAF arifield.

If you want to show the exact condition of the MiG-31 airfield diorama,I would recommend you the TZ-22 heavy refueler or APA-5 from Ukrainian brand "Armory".

The TZ-22 heavy refueler is especially designed for those "fuel monsters" such as Tupolev bombers or MiG-25,MiG-31 interceptors.

Check this thread:

[Review]Armory 1/72 TZ-22 heavy airfield refueler kit

HTH,

Yufei

Hi Yufei,

I checked it out now, and that truck is really eye-catcher, but the price is a little too high for me now, I'll wait a little by now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

JM

Hi Yufei,

I checked it out now, and that truck is really eye-catcher, but the price is a little too high for me now, I'll wait a little by now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

JM

Well, i would not say you have to use that or that fueler. As with most russian things, there is no standard. :thumbsup: And who knows, maybe at the time of the diorama, there is another aircraft (like Su-27 or MiG-29) that uses a different re fueler than MiG-31 usually does.

Some inspirational pictures:

MiG-31base.jpg

MiG-31base2.jpg