Trying to figure out if the simple Flogger E, with its MiG-21-style non-BVR radar, would have the large round scope seen in the cockpits of some of the more advanced interceptor units. I've seen photos of MiG-23 pits where there was no scope, and I'm not totally convinced it's always a ground-attack cockpit (-27, -23BN).

Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply; So, would that mean that the MS would still have the scope? Or would the MS be considered concurrent with the M, and therefore they BOTH had this info on the HUD?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

-23ms was backdated to old radar station Saphir-21, but there no mentions about backdating to old ASP-23D gun sight in place of newer ASP-17, but that could be :woot.gif: Verlinden or Kagero has walkaround book on export Floggers, photos are our friends, lol

cockpit layout the UB should be sufficient for a MS - as they basically both use the S-21 weapons system; (the mig-23MS using the MAZ-2 - basically a S-21M)

id wager there is not radar scope, with the info presented on the hud alone

Hello!

Thanks to my ISP, all weekend I was without internet connection, so I looked only in my archives... No results, sorry.

I've started tread on airforce.ru with your question and as result I could say that UB cockpit couldn't be used as reference because they were usually operated without radar station.

solved! :jaw-dropping:

seems i would of lost money on this one!

early batches of mig-23S (izdeliye 23-21) were meant to have the sapfeer-23, but due to delays received the sapfeer-21 and s-21/amaz equivilent fire control system, as present in this model:

http://walkarounds.airforce.ru/avia/rus/mig/mig-23s/

since the mig-23MS contained both systems, it seems likely the cockpit would be very similar or identical to this layout :woot.gif:

Edited by Raymond