New RC-135 cheeks soon?

Gentleman, something that has been a long time coming and much needed may be closer to reality soon. I've been working on creating more accurate LTV E-systems cheeks for the AMT RC-135's and believe that I might've pulled it off finally... with special thanks to Trooper McVey for helping to make this project possible and getting the ball rolling.

These photos are not the greatest and are not of the original masters, but these are my own personal early test shots that unfortunately did not have the luxury of the moulds or the casts being rid of air-bubbles under a vacuum, but I assure you that the original masters look much better and they look great when on the kit! I have done a little bit of a wash to one to try to show some more of the scribed detail. They fit up pretty well to the kit and should require only a minimum of filling and sanding.

I have sent the original masters off to Spectre resins, so if you boys are interested, flood his e-mail box and tell him how bad they are needed!!!!! Maybe we can hopefully convince him to do some current RC decals too! :thumbsup:

BTW - here's a detail shot for comparison purposes:

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_s...34_17_of_47.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

Edited by J.C. Bahr
Anymore real pics of the RC-135V?? Looks awesome!

Hey Paul,

For some reason their server appears to be having problems at the moment, but keep trying here and look up RC-135 under the jets section:

Clicky

Also check here for more good photos:

Clicky

i'm preparing a 30d model of the Israeli 707.

I do seem to recall an Israeli 707 that had similar type cheeks, but I couldn't tell you if these would work or not. I suppose they could be modified to fit the Heller 707 kits, but I only worked with an AMT kit when fitting them up.

enclosed close up of the isareli 707 cheeks, the geometry is obviously different due to the differnet fuselage geometry

sarielhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/24462061@N07/4040298823/

Hey Paul,

For some reason their server appears to be having problems at the moment, but keep trying here and look up RC-135 under the jets section:

Clicky

Also check here for more good photos:

Clicky

I do seem to recall an Israeli 707 that had similar type cheeks, but I couldn't tell you if these would work or not. I suppose they could be modified to fit the Heller 707 kits, but I only worked with an AMT kit when fitting them up.

I have these pics

RC-135003.jpg

RC-135002.jpg

RC-135001.jpg

Julien

Julien

Your top photo shows the E-Systems cheek which is what J.C. is producing, as evidenced by the crew entry door outline on it - but the lower two of 14841 show the original shorter Martin cheek, as supplied in the AMT kit.....

Andy

Gents:

Can I get a roll call of all who are interested in these cheeks? Nothng that I hold anyone one to but it would help. I'll get pricing from the caster this week. Knowing how many gents are interested would help.

Mark

Spectre Resins

BTW JC's work is fantastic.

Gents:

Can I get a roll call of all who are interested in these cheeks? Nothng that I hold anyone one to but it would help. I'll get pricing from the caster this week. Knowing how many gents are interested would help.

Mark

Spectre Resins

BTW JC's work is fantastic.

I would be interested in at least two sets. Maybe more, depending on the price.

Larry

I'm in for at least one.

BTW Mark, your hint about the next decal release making LeMay proud is quite intriguing, can't wait!

Jonah

Count me in for a set!

Now that we're on the subject of Hogs, some enterprising soul needs to do the following:

1. A clear resin cockpit cab section like the clear part in the Heller 707 kit. The AMT method for doing the clear parts in this kit SUCKS ROCKS! A well cast clear resin piece would be just the ticket, provided it had accurately shaped windows scribed in (including the eyebrow windows)

2. A proper set of both TF33-P-5 and TF33-P-9 nacelles. I've got TONS of close-up detail pics I can share. There are loads of subtle differences between them.

3. A second air cycle machine intake for the lower wing root area (required on all 135s except buck tanker KC-135As and their progeny). I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL master for this part!

I'm totally in for providing all the reference you'd need to master any or all of the above, and then some. Just shoot me an email (jrh at pemtel dot net).

J

Edited by Jennings

I'd be in for a couple sets too.

Now that we're on the subject of Hogs, some enterprising soul needs to do the following:

1. A clear resin cockpit cab section like the clear part in the Heller 707 kit. The AMT method for doing the clear parts in this kit SUCKS ROCKS! A well cast clear resin piece would be just the ticket, provided it had accurately shaped windows scribed in (including the eyebrow windows)

J

That there is one of the best suggestions I've see - anyone building a '135 would benefit hugely from having this available.

Cheers,

Haydn.