Here we go. This is a Revell B&V P-194:

1101100001.jpg

It's a paper project that never flew, in a similar fashion to FW with the 189 it appears B&V decided to field a tooled-up version of the 141. With the interesting combination of a BMW801 power egg and....a turbojet under the crew pod.

This is a very pretty looking RoG kit of an interesting subject with, as can be seen...a bomb bay. Hence inclusion. Bag shot and then we shall begin :stooges:

1101100003.jpg

OK,

These are two-part wings with the control surfaces moulded as single units.

1101100002_1.jpg

I see this as an invitation to mischief and so cut the flaps off with JLC saw and Olfa-P, this is the wings with that done, the resulting edges chamfered and the (blast!) ejector pin marks in the otherwise lovely wheel bays being scraped out:

1101100006.jpg

The bottom one I took a chunk out of the aileron so it's now got an unsightly bit of plastic cemented onto the stump and awaiting sanding :thumbsup:

OK, I'm suffering from a Henschel 129 fixation at the moment (though even I don't find them 'esoteric' :worship:) - and rather like the Panzerknacker the gun tubes on the P.194 go through the living quarters: there should be at least one blast tube passing by the the pilot's legs. So I've marked out the free area and drilled the ports out with an 0.6mm drill to take some tubing.

1101100009.jpg

A few other bits. The seat was basic so I've Microchiselled off the belts so they can be replaced with stray etch, hacked a bucket out of the central bit which was like an Ikea chair and I think I'm going to try adding wire supports and a headrest when the Tamiya thin dries. The rudder pedals were held together by an 8-inch beam, bit excessive, I shaved that down to 4" and put a stray bit of wire in in parallel to look like there's a movable control there. The bomb bay (it's really nice, lots of fittings) is now cemented into one fuselage side and the 'iron' (2X SC500 I think) is joined together.

1101100010.jpg

All for now - Patrick

Cats can be right-pawed or left-pawed.

Thankyou, that's appreciated RCF, I really like those :cheers:

Update - had a nose through the (geeky but very useful) Sengfelder on landing gear. Decided filling the otherwise embarrassing hole behind the tail wheel might be appropriate, so made up an oleo with tube and wire:

DSC_00022010-01-12.jpg

There's a gunsight of sorts moulded into the fuselage sides. We don't need this as I've found some Quickboost Revi-16's lying around, so it goes:

DSC_00202010-01-16.jpg

The kit piston engine really is quite nice, but not completely usable. I wouldn't mind leaving the covers (which Revell have thoughtfully made separate) off but it needs a bit of treatment to allow this methinks. Played with the idea of shoe-horning in a Detail Model aftermarket one I have (I wish I knew their website) - which has got about as many parts as the kit - but the native part fit is desirable. So:

DSC_00072010-01-12.jpg

The disc in the middle isn't (well, I think not) quite right - on BMW 801's it's actually a thin and varying strip between the two cylinder banks rather than a four-inch thick armour firewall. I drilled it, but it needs more help:

DSC_00082010-01-13.jpg

Slightly worried about busting it though, with much more drilling :woot.gif:

The instrument panel - I first put the supplied decal on:

DSC_00232010-01-16.jpg

Well there's an argument that a BMW801 at mid 9 o'clock and an '003 at low six you'd need a few dials. Still, I didn't like the look of that so did this instead:

DSC_00242010-01-16.jpg

The six major instruments done in a very half-baked (but hopefully usable) fashion using ARC Hero Mike Grant's wonderful decals, and Krystal Klear over the top. One of the several things I did first time round here was use the Historex punch - despite my own limitations this is an absolutely great bit of kit.

So this is how things are at present:

DSC_00262010-01-16.jpg

Looks like a chunk of Black Widow to me. And my camera has a hair in it :)

Patrick

Thanks to the returned snow this morning, I am down another day's leave and up another day's modelling.

Cockpit finished for the P.194, (apart from the head rest, where's the 66?):

DSC_0009.jpg

(belts left over from my 109H out of the...109 GB, unsurprisingly. Never throw anything away, ever.)

Got it in (after all that effort, just like the Hs129 you cannot actually see the instrument panel), 'fuselage' closed, wing attached. I figure this way - the wings are straight with a dihedral only on the outer sections - it will be easier to mate the two sections, balancing two flat bits as opposed to trying to get equal angles:

DSC_0017.jpg

Started painting the main gear, that will be the next thing. 02 overall so I can get bare metal bits and brake lines on :blink:

Thanks for reading - Patrick

• 1 month later...

Whoops!

Little update, this one slipped a while. I realised it was because I had no appetite for detailing the engine, and had an epiphany last week and just zipped up the nacelle instead! Progress is now proceeding...

DSC_0003.jpg

Got the sight on, so the traditional 'swearing at the reflector' will follow, then the can-of-pee and paint prep. Thought about various paint schemes, dialled it back to 82/83 and some yellow in inappropriate places :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading!

Patrick

• 1 month later...

Done :jaw-dropping:

Painted in Xtracrylix with an honourable mention to Vallejo Model Color, which is the first matt varnish I've tried that actually is.

Paint scheme is 76/81/82 and loosely based on an Me262 in Kampfflieger Vol-4, a 1./KG51 bird. However, I did the Henschel 129 gig and thoroughly destroyed the effect with large swathes of gratuitous yellow (all cut with about 20% white admittedly, to try and tone it down.)

I lost the decals - so what we have are an amalgam of Airfix 109E, Italeri He162 (aged 25! Took some decal film) and swisstikkers from my extensive collection of remedial decals.

Weathering is Pro-modeller wash, pastels and large chunks of oils for the muck on the tyres and wheel bays. Exhaust is Tamiya smoke & black mixed on the BMW 801 radial, I just toned down the Alclad Champagne aluminium (! - seemed like a good idea at the time) on the 004 jet back end with a little more varnish. The extreme end is Alclad 'jet exhaust', or gloss black as we cynics call it.

Pitot tube is brass with a bit of wire up it as I don't like cleaning sprue off 1mm rod, brake lines were added but nothing too strenuous...all in all :) So, OK, without further ado:

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Patrick