T-Rex_1.jpg

T-Rex_3.jpg

T-Rex_4.jpg

T-Rex_2.jpg

T-Rex_5.jpg

This is the old Horizon vinyl T-Rex kit built OOB except for the tongue which was missing in my kit. I made a new one using epoxy putty.

Tongue.jpg

The paint work is mostly done with oils.

I airbrushed an enamel base-coat of beige on the bottom and drab green on the top then applied various shades of oil and feathered/stippled them with a soft brush.

Next came a coat of Future followed by dirty brown oil paint in the cracks and crevasses. I then wiped away the excess and feathered the remainder with a soft brush.

A final coat was applied using a mix of Dullcoat and Glosscoat for an almost flat sheen.

I then added some dirt to his feet and lower legs using brown paint and pastels.

The model is just over two feet long!

Fun!

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman

Wow! Chris, you eventually done it! Congrats! The reptile looks really terrific! Just like a personage from the Jurassic Park. :rofl: Wouldn't like to meet such a beast in some of wildest coners of the Amazon jungles. :D

Very nice respite from your resin routine. ;)

Cheers!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Well Chris, since this is posted in "Critique Corner" and not the "Display Case," there may be a Paleontologist that will come along and tell you what you have done wrong with this model! :rofl: ......

but, I am no Paleontologist and I have to say that is an amazing piece of paintwork there!........I was amazed to see you painted it mostly in Oils, I immediately thought the whole thing was Airbrushed, the blending and feathering are so good.

I have seen a few Dinosaur models pop up on Websites and Competitions over the years, but this one is by far the best that I've seen. :cheers:

Nice work!

Cheers,

Jeff.

Edited by Gambler

:D, Hi Chris,

Beautiful work there mate. what a ripper, sorry pun intended. It's a great job you've done there, both of construction and painting and scratchbuilding (the tongue). "But Grandma, what big teeth you have." "All the better to eat you with my dear!"

Alexander, never mind about meeting this beast in the deepest darkest Amazonian jungles, I wouldn't even like to meet him in the dark alley just down the street from my place on a dark night, or even in broad daylight for that matter. He'd look fearsome anywhere anytime.

Cheers,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Awesome paintwork there; the tongue is a work of art all on its own. Overall it's quite a believable effect. About the only thing I could suggest might be a bit of dried blood on some of the teeth and lower jaw.

:D

Excellent work! John Hammond has nothing on you! Your dinosaur tongue is realistic and, well, disgusting. Take that as a compliment. Dinosaur tongues aren't supposed to be pretty!

Hmm I'm not sure the size of the tail is correct. I think the T model had a longer tail.

Did you use any PE parts ?

Can you show us the cockpit ?

I didn't know VF-65000000 ever transfered to the T-REX ?

No ordnance ?

Can you make a closeup shot of the wheelwells ?

:P

Serious, that looks awesome.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

The kit was a blast to paint.

A pleasant break from molding and casting!

Awesome paintwork there; the tongue is a work of art all on its own. Overall it's quite a believable effect. About the only thing I could suggest might be a bit of dried blood on some of the teeth and lower jaw.
I did consider adding blood but since this is one of the few models displayed upstairs in the house rather than downstairs in my man-cave, Zactowoman objected so I went with a more 'factory fresh' finish. :wub:
It's good thing people can't tell you that the colors are inaccurate on this one. :P
I'm surprised. I was at a model contest one time and had someone tell me that my Raptor was the wrong color!

Raptor.jpg

awesome job!

leave it to you to come up with a tongue correction kit. :stooges: i would ask if you plan on marketing them, but i just can't see anyway around the delima of having a bunch of grown men asking you to ship them a little tongue.

Bill

Hmm I'm not sure the size of the tail is correct. I think the T model had a longer tail.

Did you use any PE parts ?

Can you show us the cockpit ?

I didn't know VF-65000000 ever transfered to the T-REX ?

No ordnance ?

Can you make a closeup shot of the wheelwells ?

:cop:

Serious, that looks awesome.

You do not want to see where the false canopy is painted..

Gene Simmons called. He wants his Tongue back.

Amazing work. Just WOW!