1:48 F-15DJ Hasegawa

Nice work there Zidane!!

In my opinion, I don't think any amount of Pre- shading would have shown through those colours when they were first laid down, they are fairly dark, the green and the black.Post-shading was definatetly the way to go with this one, and you are doing a beautiful job.

This model is going to look outstanding when decaled up and finished. :D

Cheers,

Jeff.

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. I am trying many of the techniques for the first time hence it's been quite some learning experience.

I finally put down future in preparation for the decals and wash. Based on the ARC tool and tips article, I thinned future with windex and applied several coats (with progressively increasing windex). It gave better results than my previous attempts so I like the windex idea. There is still some orange peel though. Hope it won't affect the decals.

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

Incidentally, I am seeking some help regarding the wash color. What would be an appropriate wash color for this scheme? I have the following oils in hand:

IMG_3532.JPG

I also have various colors of MM enamels. I would normally cut the black with some white to obtain a dark grey but I am wondering if that would be appropriate for this camo. Are there any other colors I can/should add to the mix?

Hi again Zidane, your skills go up fast!

For oils you asked:

For topside: You will need some mix of dark grey. Your shade of oil must be little bit darker than dark green, which you have in camoscheme.

And some middle/grey for underside....

Best is use little bit darker shade, than darkest shade in camoscheme.... (But here you have Black in camoscheme, and it would seem bad).

I hope that you undestand my Czech-English :-D

Edited by Honza K.

Like Honza said....don´t go for an all black wash, it´s a too stark a contrast. I usually mix 2 parts burnt umber with 1 part Ivory black, streaks and oil leaks in raw umber an/or Tamyia clear yellow.

I usually lighten my washes with laying it thinner, I usually get almost like two different viscosities in my mixing cup, a top layer that is a bit thin and a bottom layer that is thicker and I use them for thick and light washes :worship:

In my last update on the Sufa build I showed my mix of oils.

Cheers!

Ou, NO UMBRA!!!!!!! Umbra is worst shade to wash ever. (It´s good only for send camo..)

Try to make a mix of dark grey and you can add to the mix a little bit of Tamiya syntetic dark green, but only 2-5%...

something like this

5-6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...