scan0094copy.jpg

scan0095copy.jpg

scan0096copy.jpg

scan0098copy.jpg

scan0097copy.jpg

All photos are the property of the poster Alpha13, from my personal collection, none are scans from books or from the Internet or else where. They are shown for the purpose for hobbyists and fans of tactical vehicles. Using them for financial gain by others is prohibited. Thanks

Edited by Alpha13

These are awesome photos you are posting. My favorite era and subject of armor modeling is Cold War USAREUR (early 1950s-ish to about 1990), so I'm really interested to see these.

In fact, I've got a 1980s M1A-nothing and an M60A3 on the bench right now. I think both will wear REFORGER manuever codes, One blue, the other orange/red. I might even cobble together an M151 with a referee's placard, too!

That whole era fascinates me (and other people, judging from the collection of novels that appeared in the 1980s). But peace is as interesting as the imagined war; two powerful, tank-heavy armies glaring at each other over the fence lines. A sort of weird stoical vigil for a suicide mission, judging from the usual projections that the border units' life expectancy at the front, if shooting started, was so slim. I'm amused to see pictures of Warsaw Pact officers invited to NATO exercises, and vice-versa, and friendly encounters Between GIs and East German border guards. It's as if both armies knew soberly they'd try to murder each other as quickly as possible if the shooting started, but in the meantime, they were schmoes just doing their job on either side of the fence that someone, somewhere else insisted must be there.

I wouldn't take anything away from the veterans of shooting wars, but the story of the veterans of Cold War divided-Europe needs more air-time, I think.

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing :thumbsup: Brings back a lot memories, MAN those are some old 60's... That style of spot light & tracks were long gone when I crewed the Dinosaur! ;)

Mahalo :blink:

Mark