AFV Club 1/48 F-5E Tiger II

Here's my next project: AFV Club's latest F-5E Tiger II.

Tiger_small7.jpg

The cockpit detail is extremely crisp and well done. Better than Hasegawa and on par with Tamiya.

Tiger_small1-1.jpg

AFV Club have produced the thinnest injection-molded missile and drop tank fins that I have ever seen. In fact, most of the parts are truly of scale thickness.

Tiger_small2-1.jpg

Tiger_small3-1.jpg

So far, I have painted the cockpit and assembled the fuselage.

Tiger_small4-1.jpg

Tiger_small5.jpg

Tiger_small6.jpg

Mark

I'm right behind ya dude. Bought the kit last night and I'm done with the Fuselage. The fit is really good! Hope AFV C continues with their foray into more jets (HOW ABOUT a F-4B/N in the future eh???)... We have a new player in the market, guys - and they mean business!

Very tempting to do the full sun burst version of the VFC-111... But knowing that the Sharknose and other fittings will come... I'm not sure I should follow this route. I don't want to sas-kli-fice the BB pit which I've hold on for all these years... Got the Shark nose conv from CE a long time ago, probably need a few spare parts for the rear and nose salvaged from the old Revell/Monogram kit (may they RIP).

Talking about parts not used... rear weight for the tail (F-5F version), Chaff dispensors, horizontal plane for the tip of the tail, extra seat (F-5F is in-eminent)... All included!

What's lacking? trunking for the intakes, seatbelts - otherwise - I'd rate this kit PERFECT!

Aftermarket guys, please bring back the uberly cool swiss Tiger "Tiger" scheme (stripeys). The Turkish and Swiss Aerobatics are welcoming too!

Edited by Kriegsketten

Small update. I masked the canopy, primed and pre-shaded the kit with Gunze flat black.

Tiger_small8.jpg

@JackMan: I picked up this kit at Miniature Hobby at Marina Square. It has been in stock for about a week now.

@Cool Hand: The fit of the kit was very good in most places but some joints required a little coaxing to get a clean fit.

@twong: I'll do this one in the early RSAF "cloud" scheme which I find really attractive.

Mark