Revell 1/48 B-1B Lancer 99% done

I figure this is close enough to share with everyone in this forum. I've been working on this for the past few months and it's basically finished. I used Revell's kit, paired with Eduard's PE exhaust and detail set. Rob Byrnes on ARC generously assembled the PE exhaust for me, thanks again Rob! Paints are Tamiya Gunship Grey 2, with Ocean Grey for some of the antenna panels. Unfortunately the difference is hard to see in the lighting of my pictures. The nose is sprayed with Tamiya Gunship Grey. Decals are from Two Bob's, excellent as always. Dull coat is Testors. I still need to add the crew ladder and wing sweep bags....but that's it!

I think that it turned out well. If I build another, I think that I'd want to fill in the panel lines as they are more like CANYONS. I "might" add light weathering to the model. Most of the B-1's I've looked at are very clean, but it can't hurt to dirty it up a bit.

Anyway, pics and comments are welcome.

IMGP0001-5.jpg

IMGP0010-2.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0007-4.jpg

IMGP0006-4.jpg

IMGP0014.jpg

IMGP0011-2.jpg

IMGP0012-1.jpg

IMGP0005-6.jpg

IMGP0003-6.jpg

Hi Brett,

You've put alot of hard work into this build and it shows.

Magnificent BOne :woot.gif:

Such a beautiful looking aircraft and you have truly done her justice. The burner cans are superb and look the business on the back end.

Thanks for taking the time to share this build. It's great :rolleyes:

:(

After I see your Bone, I decided to abort my Bone project: it was just started, not even painted, but I could not do it justice the way you did. Felicitations! That was great work. Know anybody that needs a Bone?

After I see your Bone, I decided to abort my Bone project: it was just started, not even painted, but I could not do it justice the way you did. Felicitations! That was great work. Know anybody that needs a Bone?

Don't do that tim...please ...I think you should continue with your BONE...

Don't do that tim...please ...I think you should continue with your BONE...

Definitely! Keep at it and post up so we can see it. I finished the crew ladder and wing sweep bags earlier. Too bad the weather is acting like early spring and not summer or I'd have pics!

I started a F/A-18E tonight........eek!

Edited by Brett M

Brett M.

Outstanding model. I would love to build one of these in 1/48. I picked up the TwoBob decals on the weekend and will be searching for the kit (Tim keep at it with yours). The burner cans are brilliant! :)

Sean