Hi people,

this is the first of my two planned models , the Airfix Bucc in 72nd.

Before I start talking to the model, let me explain why I chose the planes of Operation Granby: the Pin-up! I think that the British planes had the most beautiful artwork of the conflict, and the Buccs more than any other aircraft;Since my artistic focus for three quarters on the pin-up the choice was natural!

This is one of my latest productions entitled "Outlaw".

page00011.jpg[/url][/img]

For those not familiar with the kit here a little information.

The kit appared in the late 80s and is of typical Airfix quality whit raised panel lines and the detail is nothing to write home about.Some kit's shapes are inaccurate,the most notable being the engine air intakes and nose.

Ok, first of all the classic pics of the kit and after market pieces.

immagine006d.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine007ln.jpg[/url][/img]

Please note on the mobile screen the starting job date...

My decal choice...

immagine012c.jpg[/url][/img]

...and the real subject

seawitch20.jpg[/url][/img]

The rescribed outer wings done.

immagine026cf.jpg[/url][/img]

The tail fin rescribed with the resin correction piece glued in position.

immagine030s.jpg[/url][/img]

And some pics of the almost finished rescribing job on the belly.

immagine039r.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine042f.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine041.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all the job I did during my ( finished ) vacation,other upgrade as soon as possible.

I hope your enjoy,Gianni.

Looks great so far, Gianni! How was your vacation? Oh, and in case you were worried, you don't have to start building on the day the GB begins. You can start any day you like, even a day before the GB ends if you want. As long as you're done with the subject on the closing day, everything's fine.

Looking rather nice all scribed up - well done! One thing to point out which may or may not be a concern for you is that the scratch built bit you added forward of the bomb bay is correct in profile but it is really just a long blade antenna - not a large block as you have added. Still, it looks lovely as it is, but thought I would offer that insight if you care about correcting such minutae. Looking forward to seeing some more progress!

Hi guys,

here small progress.

First, I fixed the wrong antenna in front of the bomb bay.

immagine047.jpg[/url][/img]

Then the engine air intake: I tried to correct the shape and make them more round then with the help of a lead sheet I realized the internal duct filling the difect with Magic Sculpt.In the photos you will notice how the putty needs to be sanded.This is one of the parts of the model that does not make me sleep at night! :worship: I hope my idea works ...

immagine051.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine052s.jpg[/url][/img]

I shortened the wing tips in agreement with what is indicated on this site

http://www.blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/S2_XV...0_S2_XV863.html

immagine053.jpg[/url][/img]

Until the air intake putty is dry, I started working on the main gear bay and legs.

immagine043t.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine044.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine046i.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine048p.jpg[/url][/img]

Again the result is not perfect but I hope it is better than offered by the kit ...

As always let me know what you think.

:worship: Gianni

Looking very good Gianni! Shaping up to be one of the better performances I have seen with this tired old kit. The intakes are especially troublesome and you seem to be doing a nice job with them; a small half dome bit for the center of the fan and it appears that you will be in business! Enjoying the build - thanks for posting! - Jack

Hi fellas!

First thanks to all for your kindness guys;Stefan I would be confident as you about the final result ... :woot.gif:

The progress:I finished the job on the air intake duct.

immagine070.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine071i.jpg[/url][/img]

Here are the landing gears, not perfect but better than that ...

immagine064.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine069s.jpg[/url][/img]

Then I completely demolished the original cockpit and started the reconstruction.

immagine065i.jpg[/url][/img]

The Martin Baker Mk.6:I used the bang seats of both the Hase and Fujimi Phantom's kit and with a little nip and tuck the result is...

immagine054f.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine058.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine066j.jpg[/url][/img]

...this.It's not like an aftermarket product but are ultimately happy with the result. :wub:

immagine073.jpg[/url][/img]

And that's all. Of course let me know what you think and where I went wrong.

:worship: A worm hug to all,Gianni. :coolio:

Hi guys,

thank you all for your comments.

Unfortunately this week was heavy on the job front so I could work only in B / N pit and continue a little rescribing process.

To you the photos and judgments.

immagine075.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine077oe.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine079.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine081b.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine082.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine083t.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine084o.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine088.jpg[/url][/img]

The office is not finished yet, I must add a number of details such as the B & N stick, various bolts and the canopy rails, but for this job I prefer to wait the arrival of the punch & die tool which should arrive this week.

And that's all, I hope your enjoy.

Gianni

Wow Gianni - that is a great cockpit. It appears to be 'inspired' by the 1/48 Neomega set which is great. Do note that there should be another air hose on the port side of the pilot's cockpit - Neomega got that wrong. I'm using the Neomega set on my Bucc Group Build project over on Britmodeler which I have also posted here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=215583

By the way, why not cross post your build on the Bucc GB over there? It would sure fit right in, inspire some of the other guys using this kit and it's a simple cut and past job to post between the two sites. Just a thought.

Carry on - it's a brilliant piece of work you have here.

- Jack

Hi gentlemans!

Benner,Mark,Jack,HOLMES,toniosky your words are much appreciated.

toniosky:yeah,I think I make it really dirty, like a ...pink pig;I love the heavy dirt and faded apparence of the Granby birds!!!

Jack-I had noticed your post in the WIP section.Fantastic!And yes,the Neomega set inspired me a lot, but I did not quite clear (even from real photos in my possession) the Martel control stick area:can you help me?The pilot's air hoses : I noted the error thank to your WIP and I intend to remedy this by buying a guitar string and replacing even the one made by me. And about the Britmodeler GB you really think I can participate?

Ok,back to the topic, only modest progress today.

I finished the pilot's cockpit.

First the pilot's side consoles,

immagine091l.jpg[/url][/img]

In place

immagine094z.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine098.jpg[/url][/img]

The pilot's IP.

immagine097l.jpg[/url][/img]

With the bang seat dry fitted.

immagine099.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine102h.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine101k.jpg[/url][/img]

What do you think? And thanks for looking!

Gianni

Utterly superb Gianni - your improvements to this old kit make the investment in the resin CMR kit seem questionable. Top notch cockpit - one of the best I have seen in 1/72 and equal to any in 1/48. It is a great little replica of the Neomega set which is top drawer as well.

I think you would be a welcome addition to the Bucc GB. It only started on 8/28 and your first post was 8/22 so it is in keeping with the time parameter. Also, the rules on that GB are that the build can be up to 50% complete and you seem to about there. You can always run it by the mods before posting, but I think your build would make a spectacular and inspirational addition to that GB. I have been cross posting my build between the two sites becuase I know there are some folks that don't go both ways that may appreciate a good Buccie build. I'd like to see you over there.

I'm happy to help any way I can - fire away. The Martel stick addition is not tough and would be pretty tiny in 1/72 as it is more of a finger sized control stick than a hand size control stick. The display screen is the only other mod in the cockpit which, incidently, was also used for Pave Spike. Check out Andy White's diagram here (nos. 13 & 18):

http://blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk/Pages1_fi...ntWepSys-1.html?

If you need a bigger scan, I can dig something up for you, but it will take me a few days.

Godspeed - Jack

Edited by wadeocu

Thanks for your kindness guys!

spejic you guessed it:part of the switches are made in this way,in other cases I have practiced the holes with the hand drill,I inserted the lead wire and then I cut to size.

Now i'm working in the clamshell speedbrake area:i made the reinforcement skin with riny placard and now I'm I'm awaiting the shipment of the Archer's rivet for finish to detailing this area.

Pics as soon is possible.

In the meantime I'm finishing rescribing the last panels.

Gianni

Hi guys,

as promised here I am with the pictures of my little progress.

I replaced the air with the guitar strings and added the canopy rails.

immagine110.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine116n.jpg[/url][/img]

The tail chaff & flare dispenser.

immagine105t.jpg[/url][/img]

The speedbrake skin reinforcing still without the Archer rivets.

immagine109i.jpg[/url][/img]

As per usual I made the nav light with clear sprue

immagine118b.jpg[/url][/img]

But now I need your help: the ALE-40 fit well on the ECM pod's pylon but not on the Sidewinder missile's one.Any idea to solve the problem?

immagine125z.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine126l.jpg[/url][/img]

And finally the nose and tail fin correction pieces in place.As you can see there will be work of sandpaper and putty.

immagine128m.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine129j.jpg[/url][/img]

Likely to break a little the construction work and see the model first touch of color the next step is painting the bang seat.

And that's all. As always suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

:worship: Gianni

Hello guys,

here I am again with little progress.

First the nose and tail fin filled,sanded and rescribed.

immagine130.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine131a.jpg[/url][/img]

I also added small details on the air intakes ( the small air vent ) and on speedbrakes (parties in the circle).

immagine132.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine135.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine136.jpg[/url][/img]

I also detailed the NG bay, as I found a few pictures of this area (only a thin diagram) I worked with some artistic license. :thumbsup:

immagine137.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine138.jpg[/url][/img]

As previously promised here comes a bit of color: the MB Mk. 6 completed.

immagine147.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine142t.jpg[/url][/img]

immagine145.jpg[/url][/img]

I hope that the work is pleasing to you gentlemen, go to the next update.

:thumbsup: Gianni