For you 1/144 scale guys - decals and resin

• 1 year later...

Side note: Unsure how they are applied or printed (at this stage) but they look nice ... and simple.

No colour guide/instructions at all - just a few decals and you make your own luck.

I got a F105D and F86F pack.

Edited by Wege

Ok.. had a re-look at lilliput's website:

Translated: "Since MD is a thing that was printed in a printer, neutral colors have been represented in the mesh. Can not be colored like a silk-screen printing.

In addition to the characteristics of ink, so extremely weak friction, after pasting is recommended for clear coating with paint.

Please use clear paint or lacquer systems aqueous. Tamiya color ink with a solvent will melt.

Ink and color ink for printing superimposed white coloring does not clean, there are those that are printed separately.

In some parts repeatedly paste the part you use color printing such as nationality mark, and printing with white ink for this part.

Most of the decals will be printed after receipt of order. Although there is no out of stock for this purpose, the shipment may be delayed in rare cases the convenience of equipment.

The manual is not enclosed with the decals have been some exceptions.

Most of the decals that stick with the image of the book or document is available on the Internet.

Minutes later orders from June 27, 2006, we switched to the clear decal Tango Papa Decals made of raw materials.

It becomes part of a thin varnish, please note the other hand the thickness of the decal will be more obscure, the tensile strength is weak, so prone to wrinkles.

"

Does this mean that I need to coat them first or I no longer have to?

Original

"リリパットエアフォースデカールについて

MDプリンタで印刷した物ですので、中間色が網目で表現されています。 シルクスクリーン印刷のような発色が出来ません。

また、インクの特性上、摩擦に極端に弱いので、貼り付け後はクリア塗料によるコーティングをお奨めします。

クリア塗料には水性またはラッカー系を使用してください。 タミヤカラーの溶剤ではインクが溶けてしまいます。

白インクとカラーインクの重ね印刷がきれいに発色しないため、別々に印刷したものがあります。

このため国籍マーク等、白インクによる印刷部分とカラー印刷部分を貼り重ねてご使用いただく部分があります。

ほとんどのデカールは受注後に印刷します。 このため品切れはありませんが、まれに機材の都合で出荷が遅れる場合があります。

一部を除いてデカールに説明書は同封してありません。

ほとんどのデカールはインターネット上あるいは書籍の画像を資料に使って貼ることが可能です。

2006年6月27日以降の受注分から、原材料のクリアデカールをTango Papa Decals製に切り替えました。

ニス部分が薄くなりますので、デカールの厚みがより目立たなくなる反面、引っ張り強度が弱く、シワにもなりやすいのでご注意ください。 "

It is basically the standard disclaimer for all ALPS-printed decals. Not a translation, but here are my suggestions:

-The thin layer of ALPS MD ink is indeed very fragile, and will scratch easily. Handle the decals very carefully.

-For best results, make sure you coat them with Microscale Liquid Decal Film once or twice (use a brush: it is self-leveling and dries very quickly.)

-The clear layer will be very, very thin and the decals will separate from the backing paper within seconds of being immersed in paper. Never allow the decal to float free from the backing sheet; larger decals will certainly fold and it will be next to impossible to fix them. Keep them on the backing paper until you place them on the model and slide in position.

I have ordered decals and some resin upgrades from Lilliput AIr Force several times in the past. I have been really happy with the service and overall quality of the decals. While I have not yet used any of the decals (but my stash keeps growing!), they look to be standard Alps type decals. As mentioned by Wege, there are no instructions, photos or diagrams to help with the decal placement. This should not be a problem as the decal placement is pretty obvious when you look at some photos of the real aircraft.

I am really happy with the selection of subjects, very cool!

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers: