Wooden Bases to Display Models In Flight

Hi, I've been thinking about displaying some models in flight.

I'd like a simple wooden base + acrylic rod display.

I found acrylic rods easily but couldn't find any place that sells wooden bases online. :whistle:

Any tips?

CLICK me

Edited by Wayne S

Thank you guys.

I blame my own stupidity, I googled "wodden base", "wooden stand" and all sorts of similar combination but didn't think of "plaque". :whistle:

Ernie, for the acrylic rods you can search PLASTRUCT they have all sorts of goodies.

Another question, I once saw online a terrific in flight display where the modeler glued a photoshoped blurry runway creating the impression of speed under the model.

The illusion was beautiful but I can't remember where I saw it, does any one remember it?

I also think someone was selling such "blurry runway" printouts, did I imagine this?

Another question, I once saw online a terrific in flight display where the modeler glued a photoshoped blurry runway creating the impression of speed under the model.

The illusion was beautiful but I can't remember where I saw it, does any one remember it?

I also think someone was selling such "blurry runway" printouts, did I imagine this?

Ken does his something like that, Pm him or he might see this.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....5&hl=f-15c*

I thought I saw, maybe in the Dioramas forum on how to replicate or printable runways.

Edited by Wayne S
Micheals crafts has a ton of various shapes and sizes bases. Well, they're actually supposed to be wooden clock shapes, but when you lay them down, they're a base to put a model on.

They are soft pine plaques for crafts, problem is they warp easy.