• 2 years later...

Hello, thanks all for your comments. I agree with Honza that the rivets look pretty bad (almost like bullet holes). This is a good learning experience for the future. I also don't like the way I attached the drooped flaps as it looks like they are solidly welded in place. Anyway, decided to plow through...

I did some post shading with the base colors lightened and darkened with white and black respectively. I also did some minimal shading with dark brown added to the mix. This step takes a lot of time for me.

IMG_4536.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

Hi all,could you please explain/ help me how we can get this paint blotchy effect?

Hi, it is mostly post shading with lighter and darker shades of the base color (thinned more than normal) and applied relatively carefully with an airbrush. In this specific build, I think I also used a thin shade of brown added to the base color. I received your personal question also, there is no salt-weathering on this model.

I myself learned this technique from Honza K. (you can find his topics in these forums). Many people here already know that I have tried to mimic his style, but he is really the master of the whole thing in my opinion. I think this might be useful:

His demo

Hi bro...do not overdo :-) my work isn´t something special...... You done here very nice work with colors!

Now I see.... I miss there many many horizontal rivets near panel lines on the fuselage....

(now it isn´t important, but when you will build next phantom, can send you better drawing)

Cheers...

H

Edited by Honza K.

Hi, it is mostly post shading with lighter and darker shades of the base color (thinned more than normal) and applied relatively carefully with an airbrush. In this specific build, I think I also used a thin shade of brown added to the base color. I received your personal question also, there is no salt-weathering on this model.

I myself learned this technique from Honza K. (you can find his topics in these forums). Many people here already know that I have tried to mimic his style, but he is really the master of the whole thing in my opinion. I think this might be useful:

His demo

Many many thanks for your attention and precious help.Also special thanks to Honza K for his Demo :thumbsup: