Greetings to all

Here is my first entry for this GB.

It is the hasegawa F-18A Blue angels boxing. It is my first Hasegawa 1/48 and my first hornet. Due to lack of space i decided to put away my 1/32 F-16 and while deciding what to build my addiction to the Blues had the best of me and what better way to honor the us navy's then to build their embasadors.

So here i am with a box photo and a little progress to the pit.

p1020666e.jpg

More soon

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Well now i finally understand why these kit are so expensive ... their amazing detail and fit just blows my mind away ive never made such fast progress before

here is what it looks like now

p1020701q.jpg

p1020700g.jpg

p1020704d.jpg

p1020706o.jpg

This is so much fun when you have nothing to worry about but to put the part where they tell you and its gona fit !

more to come soon

Neo

Thanks for the support guys

You going to build all 7?

LOL jk looking good!

Actually im building every single plane the blue angels flew. All in 1/48.

i have done F8-F bearcat , T-33/TV-2 #0, A-4,F-4

in the stash is : F8-F beacat Beetle bomb #0, TA-4,F/A-18B,F-11F

will need to find : C-130,Phanter,Cougar,F6F Hellcat(i have the decals already),and more i cant find the name from the top of my head

the blue's are a little addiction of mine ;)

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo
Thanks for the support guys

Actually im building every single plane the blue angels flew. All in 1/48.

i have done F8-F bearcat , T-33/TV-2 #0, A-4,F-4

in the stash is : F8-F beacat Beetle bomb #0, TA-4,F/A-18B,F-11F

will need to find : C-130,Phanter,Cougar,F6F Hellcat(i have the decals already),and more i cant find the name from the top of my head

the blue's are a little addiction of mine :)

Cheers

Neo

Nice

even better!

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update

painted the intakes but not too satisfied of the one on the right my masking wasn't that great

Any body know what color the area betweeen the flaps and the wing should be (the area where the flapa retract into)

p1020722c.jpg

ive added a compressor fan in the intakes

p1020721k.jpg

Thanks for looking

Neo

Edited by Neo
You sure love those Blues!

Julien

Now what would make you say such thing Julien :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support

now time for and update

Started some yellow last night and detailed the HUD

I also finish the wheels and the cans

dsc00019hih.jpg

dsc00021xo.jpg

Enjoy

Cheers

Neo

Quick update.. i have put on the 6th coat of yellow and tomorrow hopefully will be light water (2000 grid ) sanding then masking then some Blue

i figure 3 coats of blue will do the job then to decide if i future it of MM enamel clear coat

more soon

Masked off the yellow and gave it one generous coat of blue (Humbrol 15)

Got a little dust in the paint so i will wet sand it before next coat

p1020747q.jpg

Cheers

Neo

Time for an update

paint is going good

sanded a couple of sport when dust had settled in the paint

p1020753i.jpg

The finish is so glossy even without the clear coat you can see the reflexion on the blue tack in the paint

p1020754r.jpg

p1020755f.jpg

Fell free to comment and critique

Cheers

Neo

Well i was removin some masking this moorning and everithing looks good

one thing that bit me in the behind is that i corrected the yellow section in one on the flaps and i just notice this moorning afeter the 3 coats had dried from yesturday that is used the WRONG yellow :jaw-dropping:

p1020757s.jpg

well going to have to fix that

Fell free to have a point and laugh session

Cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Well the carpet monster strikes again

i spent lots of time painting the clear colors on the main gear lights (dont know what there called) and applying liquid mask then finally glued it on the nose gear and painted it white. Once dry i notice some glue residue was showing drought the paint so i decided to clean it. So i took my #11 blade and gently scarped i was almost done when the light flew 60 degrees up hit the fall in front of my desk and dissapered in a maze of Pc cables (there allot of those) dust fluffs.

I tried last night for an hour to find it but never managed. This morning im cleaning my desk then going to sweep under to see if i get lucky if not i will try to scratch build (witch im not really good at) it or beg and see if some one built is gears up and didnt use it. The part is L9 on hasegawa F-18 kit

Worst case i dont put one and dont enter it in the contest here

Wish me luck

Cheers

Neo

Actualy Darwin hes been quite resonable for a while

BUT ITS ON NOW i scratch build a new part and guess what HE STOLE THAT ONE TOO

this was the new one

dscn0093copy.jpg

That carpet monster better watch is back cuz im locked and loaded and ready for him the next time hes shows is nose :P

Thanks for all the comments guys

more progress tonight

paint is all done got one coat on MM clear lacquer on, wheels are installed and started on the decals

I knew the Hasegawa OOB decal where going to be a little light but once i got them on they are really the wrong color plus they are a little old and they crack really easily so agains the principle of buying the Blue angel edition not to buy AM decals i went and got a set of jasmine decals should have them next week

here are some pics

the decals actually look much darker on the pic as in real

p1020770i.jpg

I also mastered a new technique to paint nose tips ! Dip it in the paint pot !!

p1020764un.jpg

And finally take 3 on the 3 color landing gear ligh. The carpet monster didnt get this one !!! I think i really scared him :soapbox:

p1020767o.jpg

Cheers

More to come soon

Neo

• 3 weeks later...

Well that was the good news ......

now for the reality

tried to remove the hasegawa decals with microsol Surprise surprise they aint coming off

p1020794f.jpg

The only way to minimize the damage was to sand them off with 800grid wet sand paper and finished with 1500 paper

p1020796bv.jpg

Will let it dry the finish it off with 2000 where i see imperfection then im going to have to brush on 2 or 3 coats of blue and 1 clear before i can try out the Jasmine decals

Wish me luck

Neo

Well that was the good news ......

now for the reality

tried to remove the hasegawa decals with microsol Surprise surprise they aint coming off

p1020794f.jpg

The only way to minimize the damage was to sand them off with 800grid wet sand paper and finished with 1500 paper

p1020796bv.jpg

Will let it dry the finish it off with 2000 where i see imperfection then im going to have to brush on 2 or 3 coats of blue and 1 clear before i can try out the Jasmine decals

Wish me luck

Neo

I didn't even know that was a decal. Something that big why not mask and paint like you did the wing tips?

I didn't even know that was a decal. Something that big why not mask and paint like you did the wing tips?

well since in hand painting its hard to make smooth line since i have many coats to but on it end on making a big ledge the wing tips where more strait forward to mask off and you can still see the demarcation

• 2 weeks later...

OK update

after repainting the blue i applied a coat of the MM lacquer clear coat the same that was that was on the rest of the plane but for some reason the ovelapping of the new coat and the old on made a reacting and rincled the one that was on before :thumbsup:

So i sanded again with 2000 grit to get the wrinkled smooth again then tonight i applied some Humbrol Clear and it seams to be ok. Will confirm when its dry

Will be posting more pic soon when i start the decals