American Eagles Seattle Closing up

I'm gonna add this post because I was talking to George from American Eagles last week. He called me to let me know they were gonna close up. So their is a bit of a clearance sale going on and it going to be gone after mid April. Just thought I'd relay this for those deal hunters and those unaware.

Too bad.

Is there a reason why? Retirement? Economy?

American Eagles is a great shop.

We recently visited Washington - particularly Bellingham.

The HobbyTown had moved, but the Eagle Hobby on Holly was disappointing. Maybe 1/10 of the plastic they used to have. This may be a great time for the hobby, but it's not a great time for hobby shops.

I won't go into all our conversation as I am unsure if he ment it to become public. He did say he was wanting the easier 9-5 job life. Which I totally understand. I had my own shop for years and finally broke down and took a factory job for 20+ years to get away from the 24-7ness of a business. He also has an Ebay store so much of what doesn't get sold may end up there I bet.

To say the least I will be greatly disappointed as I spent and easy $2500 there last year on phone orders. I often thought of driving the 3000 mile trek and coming back loaded but never did. I will be spending the greatest share of my extra cash there in the mean time as though my LHS is good I only spent around $1700 there this past year.

Yes. But how much and what from the shop I do not know. That would be an aweful lot of stuff to manage and store from home while working a 9-5. He quoted me a discount I believe to be 25-30% running ing the store at this time. So I bet the better stuff is going to disappear quickly as more people walk in and become aware.