23705_l.jpg

After a very long period I'm back with a new painting, hope you enjoy it :)

On 26. Juni 1941. a hungarian passenger train under way from Tiszaborkut to Bilin was attacked by three soviet I-16 figters.

This illustration was made for a study about the affair. I started with a pencil sketch then I finished it digital. The train and the locomotive was a newness for me but biggest challenge was the deadline, I had just a few hours more than one day from comission to the final version. Fortunately I got a lot of reference materials about the location and the train cars.

That is absolutely stunning, and very nice to see a rarely painted subject, I really like it.

How did you get the "painted" look digitally? Its very effective.

I'd love that on my wall!

Matt

Sir,

Looking at your pencil and digital combinaed work of this June 1941 attack is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

When I look at the rolling hills to the right,the darker green and the lighter green of the grass

makes ME feel that the train is running at full throtle as the grass swishes about...the

speed of the train against the velocity of the aircraft as it fires ....JUST SUPERB.... :worship::worship:

As the train speeds thru the bridge , you anticipate that the it will be derailed as the track looks as if they have been

bombarded by the aircraft..

The depth of the colors is allowing you draw yourself into the picture..and the other two fighter jets as they climb

higher you know that they failed and will be back....

VERY WELL DONE....

:whistle:

{ I HAVE SEEN YOUR work before on the internet !.Nice art work in deed !}

HOLMES :salute:

Edited by HOLMES