I have taken my lazy butt back to school and I was looking for something nice and easy (low stress) to build. I wanted something that I could work on for a few minutes at night after doing homework. I figured a Weird-oh straight out of the box would fit the bill. Great Models had these on sale a couple of months ago for $7.50 each, so I bought a few.

Box.jpg

Anyone who has ever built one of these will know that they are very basic kits. While dry fitting the parts I started comparing what I had to the box art. Before I even knew it, I was planning the changes I needed to make so that it would be closer to the box art:

DragHagChanges.jpg

I started off with the baby buggy. I cut out a couple of circular windows like the box art.

03.jpg

Then I decided to add some teeth to the Hags mouth to try and close up the gap a little.

01.jpg

After placing the head on the neck/body, I found that it was huge. It had molded on hair and it was a big flat spot on the bottom. It was just too big, even for a Weird-Oh. I chopped most of the back of the molded on hair off and filled the gap with some Aves. I plan to add some type of hair so it didn’t have to be pretty.

04.jpg

The baby is nothing but a thin plastic face that is supposed to attach to the back of the engine. I decided to add the rest of the head. Then the more I looked at it, the more I thought it needed a body. A Drag Hag would not have a regular baby; it would have to be some sort of creature baby. I used a piece of wood dowel for the body. I bent some wire for the arms then covered them in Aves. A little Bondo was used to fine tune it.

02.jpg

05.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Els

Thanks Steve.

My first attempt at hot rod flames should have went down in flames. I am going to have to sand it down a bit and try something else.

08.jpg

The baby is just about finished. Another couple of coats of gloss to the eyes and it will be good.

06.jpg

I needed a couple of things to finish the kit and it is impossible to look cool at the store when you are in line with these two items.

09.jpg

Els

I have a bunch of Weird oh's and Frantics in the stash. They are fun kits but sometimes the fit is less than good. Remember these kits were produced when modeling skills needed to be in ones repetoire. Not shake n bake like a modern Tamiya kit.

Yours looks great!

Max Bryant

Max,

You are right about the fit problems with these. If you are affraid of putty, just stay away from them.

I have blocked in all the major colors and added some shading. It looks pretty garish right now but I will tone it down with some washes and more shading.

11.jpg

Els

Els

I am going to call you the MASTER OF QUIRKYNESS...

...and this is just so different and yet again you show your skills

in tackling the Drag Hag..

BRILLIANT choice for a bit of relaxing modeling { :woot.gif::rolleyes: } and

the paint job et al is coming along QUITE NICELY, Thank you

HOLMES :worship::worship:

Thanks Holmes. I like to build an aircraft then something like this. With aircraft you have to stick to certain colors, etc. With something quirky like this, the sky is the limit.

I am just about finished putting the hair on.

12.jpg

After it dries I will trim it up and try to style it like the box art.

Els

Thanks Steve.

The baby is just about finished. Another couple of coats of gloss to the eyes and it will be good.

06.jpg

I needed a couple of things to finish the kit and it is impossible to look cool at the store when you are in line with these two items.

Els

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. :lol:

Seriously though.....the painting you did on the witch's head is beyond amazing. :worship:

Thanks everybody

I used natural wool yarn for the hair. I put it on a little thicker than I wanted but I can live with it.

The Hag is done.

16-1.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

Thanks for following along, let me know what you think.

Els

Els,

WOW !!! The Hag's ugly features ae well and truly captured by your artistic talents. :coolio:

she is UGLY but you did one helluva a FANTASTIC splendid job of making her look AWESOME.. :yahoo:

well done ...what with the Gooose and this you are a skilled craftsman... :jaw-dropping::jaw-dropping: ..

Glad you enjoyed the build as much as I did following it. Thanks....

HOLMESY.. :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...