Hi Guys

Finally I take courage to start my EA-6A with extras as wing folders from Wolfpack and the idea to scratchbuild some parts as open radome with radar, cage, service panel...etc. I'll see how much can I accomplish with this one...

the start picture with extras:

01parts.jpg

Verlinden A-6E Update set, Wolfpack Wing folded set, Quick boost refueling probe

01partsdetaila.jpg

Eduard set, Steel slime lights...information from Aerofax

01partsdetailb.jpg

and pictures from web sites...

comments and suggestions are welcome!!

I started opening holes for exhaust:

02exhaustholes.jpg

instructions are not clear how much space need to be open...

02exhaustdeleted.jpg

02exhaustleft.jpg

dry fit:

02exhaustdryfit.jpg

Cockpit dry fit:

03cockpit02.jpg

Verlinden set its for A-6E, then it's a little small. I added a small plastic strip at the rear of the cockpit, and support strips.

Javier

Very nice work so far, I'm looking forward to following your build, I just picked up this kit myself a couple of weeks ago, waiting for the aftermarket stuff to arrive in the mail. Are you planning to do a complete rescribe of the kit?

Very nice work so far, I'm looking forward to following your build, I just picked up this kit myself a couple of weeks ago, waiting for the aftermarket stuff to arrive in the mail. Are you planning to do a complete rescribe of the kit?

Looking pretty good so far! Will you open up the birdcage as well?

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks Andre, yes, I want to open the birdcage, the birdcage came on the Eduard set, I'll see if that need more detail...

Oh my GAWD!!! :jaw-dropping: This build will be great to watch! Great job on the radar!!!

Thanks VA-115EFR

Thanks jfmajor60, yes I don't like raise lines. after I holed and create all the detail I'll re-scribe it. I'll keep looking your posts with your EA-6E, what aftermarket stuff did you order?

I'll post more pictures this weekend.

Javier

What a fantastic start! What paint scheme are you going to do it in? The reason I ask is that you have my Steel Beach slime lights. They were only added later on in the Intruders life, so they may not be appropriate for the scheme you're putting on.

What a fantastic start! What paint scheme are you going to do it in? The reason I ask is that you have my Steel Beach slime lights. They were only added later on in the Intruders life, so they may not be appropriate for the scheme you're putting on.

Thanks Darren, you are right...I has been "collecting" accessories and updates for more than a year...I'll be using the Revell decals for Firebirds...

I'll saved it for a new one on the future...

Javier

Amazing work.

What's the difference between ea-6a wing folds and a-6e? Can they be used on a standard a-6? Mostly curious but I do have an a-6 I'd like to fold.

Thanks Bigasshammm, Im not an expert, but ea-6a, a-6e and a-6 could use standard V-shape folding wings, some a-6e have retrofit with a composite folding wings, it look like a white tube instead a V shape system. I hope that helps

Very nice. I am pressed with you folks that work in the smaller scales. I find 1/32 small at times. I will kep watching this as I love scratch building and Weasels.

Thanks ghatherly....

Javier

• 6 months later...

After long time I restart the construction of the EA-6A ( And after some inspiration with some Intruders and Prowler on the forum)..

I re-do the boxes for the speed brakes, internal space for the cage and rear wall to install the tail hook...

better some pictures:

Design of boxes

2design.jpg

Ensamble

2ensamble.jpg

2ensamble2.jpg

2ensamble3.jpg

Testing

2test1.jpg

2test2.jpg

2test5.jpg

regards

• 1 month later...

That is just awesome work :worship:/>/>/>

/Jesse

Thanks Jesse, your Super Hornet its looking amazing!!!

That's really nice. Are you going to have the bird cage down?

yes, Its assembled and ready for painting.

Great scratch building! Glad to see you back at it! Looking forward to updates!!! :thumbsup:/>/>

Thanks, was a long break....I hope to move faster now.

Nice job, sir!

best

Girolamo

Thank you!!

I was wondering what had happened to this build. Very impressive scratch building skills.......really liking the arresting hook. Can't wait to see it complete.

thank you, its a complement coming from you!!! but you are the very impressive scratch building skills, your TRAM inspired me to move forward and try to do more detail.

Javier

• 1 month later...

time for a small update..

I opened the ladder space and insert verlinden parts:

img0019jl.jpg

img0020ud.jpg

Verlinden's ladders are too difficult to ensemble straight...or my skills are not good enough.

I decided to create it with plastic:

I glued with elmo 5 pieces of evergreen to re-create latters:

img0023vr.jpg

img0025hd.jpg

img0026ur.jpg

img0027df.jpg

img0028pc.jpg

assembling:

img0029qa.jpg

img0031q.jpg

dry-test:

img0035ov.jpg

comments are welcome,

Javier

Edited by jcasilimas

awesome scratch work. i love to see anything in the Intruder/Prowler family. I especially love the way you you captured the speedbrake cavities.

Cheers,

Dave