Hello! This is my latest model - The Eduard MiG-21 bis in 1/48 scale. I decided to reproduce the Bukgarian Air Force white 114. I like her for her distinctive camouflage colors and reproduced the airplane as seen and photographed by me in March 2012 in Graf Ignatievo AB. The kit is very nice and this is not new to anyone, but I decided to jazz it up with Brassin cockpit, Exhaust nozzel, wheelbays, wheels, some PE for the exterior and Begemot stencils. The main shortcoming of the Eduard offering is the MF like nose, so I modified it to the bis standard with some putty. The paints I used are Alclad II and Gunze, mixed to the proper color shades. Hope you will enjoy it.

pics_scalemodelsclub_com_zps0a037f35.jpg

MiG21_511a_zps38cb4ba8.jpg

MiG21_510a_zpsd36660f8.jpg

MiG21_509a_zps54bd854c.jpg

MiG21_508a_zpse69d45a1.jpg

MiG21_507a_zpsc4869ba6.jpg

MiG21_506a_zps8271177c.jpg

Thanks guys!

... What did you do to create the tan sealant on the canopy to canopy-frame?

Once again nice BIS! and Thanks ahead of time.

Jager

This is acrilic paint applied to a piece of decal paper, cut in thin strips and then used as a regular decal.

Very nice MiG-21 bis!!! Congratulations on it! :worship:/> :worship:/> Will you be around with it at the Mosonmagyarovar show in April?

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks Gabor! The MiG now has the Gabor nose. :rofl: I cannot promise for myself, but the MiG will be at the Mosonmagyarovar show.