Kinetic S-2A

What was the verdict on this kit actually being correct for a Canadian machine? I thought there was some concern that the aft fuselage was still too long. How about the engine nacelles, etc?

Cheers,

Tom

What was the verdict on this kit actually being correct for a Canadian machine? I thought there was some concern that the aft fuselage was still too long. How about the engine nacelles, etc?

Cheers,

Tom

Search this forum for "Kinetic Tracker" or something similar. Lots of discussion on this kit (but not many people actually building it).

IIRC, the consensus was that it was close but not perfect. The aft fuselage was not shortened (no something many people would notice) but it had most of the other details correct.

Regards,

John

From everything I've read, it's a better starting point than the S-2E, but you probably still want the Belcher Bits conversion if you want to make an accurate CS2F-1

Kinetic changes for S-2A:

New sprue 1:

Shortened forward fuselage, left incorrect length rear fuselage for S-2A.

Shortened Bombay doors.

New sprue 2:

Added Square tipped S-2A early outer wings.

New sprue 3:

Added new engine nacelles with correct sonobouy ports for Canadian S-2.

Added engine carburetor intakes

Added new nose cap for Canadian version.

Added a couple sensor antennas for Canadian version.

Added short horizontal stabs for S-2A's and Canadian versions.

The rest of the kit's sprues are the original kit's release which includes the original nacelles, larger span horizontal stabs, later outer wing panels, etc..

The "new" fuselage sprue is actually the modified original fuselage sprue. Aft of the "new cockpit area is exactly the same as the original kit.

Edited by jpk
  • 4 weeks later...