1/48 HobbyBoss A-10 Thunderbolt II

Hi,

I originally posted my build over at the Flory Models forum but thought I'd share it with the wider community.

The wooden base is scratched from plasticard and the model the HobbyBoss 1/48 kit.

A-10-1.jpg

A-10-2.jpg

A-10-3.jpg

A-10-4.jpg

A-10-5.jpg

A-10-6.jpg

A-10-7.jpg

A-10-8.jpg

A-10-9.jpg

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73

Thanks guys!

The base was entirely scratch built. I've posted some build photo's below.

The A-10 is largely OOB. The Maverick/launcher rail is a resin part, so is the sidewinder rail. I also scratched the GPS antenna and used a spare F-14 pilot. Decals are the TwoBobs "Too Cool for School" ones. Other than that it's straight from the HobbyBoss kit.

ehg7.jpg

98wy.jpg

0jy6.jpg

0qcp.jpg

eoqx.jpg

cheers

John

Edited by Blue73

John, AMAZING build, very well done. As my screen names says I loaded these bad boys for 17 1/2 years. Your attention to detail is superb and I especially like the scratch built gun muzzle and barrels, even adding the safety wire on the muzzle bolt, nice. We all I think would love to see more WIP shots if you have them. Again GREAT JOB !!

Steve

Sorry I only have build photos of the base and weapons. It was initially a side project so I didn't take early photos.

Hi Coneheadff: I scratch built the GPS antenna the dome is from the kit.

Hi A-10 Loader: That would be a great experience, to be able to get that close to the GAU-8! I cant't get enough of watching the GAU-8 firing :)

Thank you all for your comments, most appreciated!

Cheers

John

• 6 months later...