About to start building another F-104G and wish to finish it in a German Air Force scheme.I have good experience spraying Testors model master enamels but am not sure if they carry the right colors this time. Any suggestions on a source for the following?RAL 7012 Basalt GreyRAL 6003 Yellow OliveRAL 7001 Silver Grey

Edited by strictlyscale

Insignia Blue ??? Personally MM1720 Intermediate Blue is closer or MM2014 German Uniform Feldgrau

Why don't you try Xtracolor as they do the exact colours you're after and they spray more or less the same as Model Master.

Edited by scotthldr

The correct colours are:

RAL 7012 Basaltgrau

RAL 6014 Gelboliv

RAL 9006 Weissaluminium

All available from Xtracolor

Thomas

Today I received those colors along with 6 other RAL colors from Roll Models.

Took about 2 weeks to get them but Roll Models comes through.

Cheers,

Jerry

The Orange hiz viz bands were RAL2005, but FS12197 "Interntional Orange" would do just as well. Can't remember if these were Gloss, Satin or Matt but they faded so quick and heavily they all looked Matt to me.

This might be of use to you

http://www.916-starfighter.de/Gallery/gallery_sch01.htm

• 2 weeks later...

The Orange hiz viz bands were RAL2005, but FS12197 "Interntional Orange" would do just as well. Can't remember if these were Gloss, Satin or Matt but they faded so quick and heavily they all looked Matt to me.

This might be of use to you

http://www.916-starfighter.de/Gallery/gallery_sch01.htm

FS12197 is too red IMO. RAL 2005 is also available from Xtracolor. In case you have access to Revell paints, their #25 is also RAL2005.

Thomas

This is my RoG F-104G painted with Xtracolor paints. Looks spot-on compared to the real one. The orange is Revell #25 Dayglow Orange over a white base. I used RAL 7001 on the bottom, but as Thomas stated, it should be RAL 9006 Weissaluminium, a very bright aluminum paint.

F-104.jpg

Original F-104G. Picture was made with flash, so the colors are offset.

F-104_2.jpg

Edited by Lancer512
  • 2 months later...

I'm still some time away from paint but making progress.I'll post some pics when I get to that stage.In the meantime, here is a video clip of me flying my last F-104.This one is from the same design.http://youtu.be/9xHMErD7LP4

Edited by strictlyscale
  • 9 months later...

Well after starting the F-104 at the beginning of the year I put it aside for other projects and to spend the summer flying. At the end of September I got motivated and finished off the F-104 by painting, weathering, and installing all the equipment. It's now ready for its first flights.

I'll see if I can get some photos uploaded.....

• 2 weeks later...