pray for member jennings

Thanks so much for all the thoughts and prayers everyone. They are more appreciated than I can say. Yesterday was one of the more surreal experiences of my life. I'd gone into town to run a few errands and get some groceries when my neighbor called to say my house was fully engulfed. By the time I got home a small part of one wall and the stone chimney were all that was standing. The rest was a pile of charcoal and ash. Fortunately my dog Lulu was with me, and I'm sure the cat made herself scarce as well, so nobody was hurt in any way. The local volunteer fire department arrived on scene after the house had completely collapsed, so they weren't able to save anything. But that's all just 'stuff', most of which can be replaced. Fortunately my computer was well backed up in the cloud, so I should be fine there.

Now to start over...

Thanks again..

J

I am very sorry to hear this Jennings. I am glad you and your buddies are safe. Must be so difficult but perhaps I very much hope you can turn this tragedy into some sort of a 'fresh start.' Let me know if you need any plastic.

Edited by Janissary

Oh man! Jennings, this is sad. Glad humans and other critters are OK. The heart must hurt though. You've got a lot of friends and followers here that are caring folks. We'll be watching to check on the recovery and rebuild. Santa reads ARC too!

Rick in Maine.

Very sorry to hear this Jennings. Glad you and yours are ok, and yes, it is just stuff. My family went through a completely flooded house with a total loss of property and I can say it is very surreal indeed. At first is shock, then acceptance about the fact that is only material items. Then at some point you start realizing some of the smaller irreplaceable things and that hurts a little. But you WILL be ok. If there is anything you need let us know. Praying for you my friend.

Bill

I'm genuinely sorry that this happened to you - but more importantly, I'm glad that you and Lulu are OK. It can be hard to ask for help when we're in a tough spot - but give your friends and family a chance to be there for you, and it'll make your recovery a lot easier. Try not to think about the entirety of it - take things a day at a time.

Best wishes,

Hitch

"So sorry to hear this" just does not have enough syllables to convey how we're feeling. Good to hear you & live-in companions are safe, and you have the idea of 'stuff' in perspective. I sincerely hope your recovery - and all its aspects - proceeds smoothly. "Spring is coming." I hope to shake your hand some day.

G. R. Morrison