StarFish Group Build Proposal

StarFish Group Build  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do Starfighters or Fishbeds get you going!

• I run while carrying pointy objects! Sign me up!
    • You're gonna put your eye out with that! Forget it!
    • I can be seduced! I'll think about it!

With all the great kits and upgrades currently available, I think a group build is in order to showcase all the new possibilities as well as the old tried and true for the F-104 Starfighter and the Mig-21 Fishbed. Build will be proposed for a mid 2014 start to allow interested builders time to get their goods together (and for the moderator to poll the sponsors!). Most importantly, it will be a fun gathering of modelers that could end with a Xmas party :beer4:! Details will follow if enough interest is shown.

V/r

Ron

Fishbed Vid

Starfighter Vid

I'm ready!!!

IMG_0617_zps3c11e7e1.jpg

Edited by bashace

Well..........Each Group build should get its own plane. Course you could build two Starfighters together, then give one Japanese markings and one something else for this GB. Heck go whole hog.....

Build 4!!!!! One for Japan, one for Star-fish one for NASA one for the bare metal GB

Well..........Each Group build should get its own plane.

Pooper of parties! I could build a 104 for this GB and one for the JASDF GB (if it goes) but I already have a project for the NMF GB. I spoke to Eric Smith about "The Wheels" (markings on Sabre #1000 while he was CFI for Sabres at CFB Chatham) and he told me the story of how he became known as 'The Wheels' and how those markings ended up on his Sabre.

So many models...so little time.

I built that one.

IMGP9496.jpg

Sorry to defecate on your plane plan.

We have to have SOME rules or it would be ANARCHY, anarchy I tells ya. You know any cops who could help maintain order?

Edited by phantom

grumble grumble grumble....you're lucky you're already in the penal system buddy! ;)

I'm going to do it anyways...just to spite you.

Have a great Christmas, Big Man. Hope you're not working?

MIke

grumble grumble grumble....you're lucky you're already in the penal system buddy! wink.gif

I'm going to do it anyways...just to spite you.

Have a great Christmas, Big Man. Hope you're not working?

MIke

This year my week off is .....THIS week!!. So I am off today and Christmas. But all ready working overtime yesterday, Boxing day and Friday. Week off and 36 hours (at least) OT. The place would burn to the ground quite literally if we did not do massive overtime. Silly government and not hiring any one for 5 years........BANGHEAD2.jpg

This year my week off is .....THIS week!!. So I am off today and Christmas. But all ready working overtime yesterday, Boxing day and Friday. Week off and 36 hours (at least) OT. The place would burn to the ground quite literally if we did not do massive overtime. Silly government and not hiring any one for 5 years........

Wow! OCDC can't get anyone on overtime from what I understand. They have had to contract two OPS officer to do paid duties pretty well 24 hrs around the clock to guard someone at one of the hospitals here.

Not to rub it in but I'm now off until 03 January. A nice break indeed.

Have a safe Christmas buddy. Keep a lid on things.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1/32 Trumpter mig-21 that has been in the stash since it was released like 10 years ago, and I recently purchased Hasegawa 1/32 USAF SEA Camo issue of the F-104. Overly ambitious dual build!

Edited by Kurt H.

I love the seemingly endless styles of different and radical camouflages of the Mig-21.

I'm in for one, maybe two fancy colorful Mig-21 schemes w00t.gif .

About what time frame do you think this GB will be?

I'm committed to the Bad Boys current GB and the Hornet/Super Hornet GB starting in July.

Edited by Check Six

I love the seemingly endless styles of different and radical camouflages of the Mig-21.

I'm in for one, maybe two fancy colorful Mig-21 schemes w00t.gif .

About what time frame do you think this GB will be?

I'm committed to the Bad Boys current GB and the Hornet/Super Hornet GB starting in July.

Well, if it does get enough support to get on the calender, it may be as early as 1 Jul 2014 or in the 1 Sep 2014 lineup.

V/r

Ron