Here's my latest build, the Hasegawa Me109E-3 in Swiss markings. I painted on the stripes and crosses which seemed to turn out better than using the kit decals. I used Vallejo Model Air paints. It was a fun build and I hope you like it too.

Tom

3C3E7855-6E19-4A1F-A7E3-E61D3F2571F7_zpsshy26x9t.jpg

915F9846-F263-46AC-8717-E7CD383A2041_zps7muttmxk.jpg

DDC59A4D-645F-48CC-9446-962CD1A728B3_zpsyrkn0tw2.jpg

C8BA2ED4-C22E-40DD-94EB-9E1F5669813E_zpsxhfmakai.jpg

C2BC6842-375B-491A-8C77-5F0278894A12_zpsljmi4apr.jpg

7375BB9B-9D84-4362-97DD-86C969B1F6A1_zpssdp9o7rz.jpg

Sweet! This is brush painted? I'm thinking of doing my next project using paint brushes only because it's just so damn cool. But finding a good source for enamels (Humbrol, specifically), is a royal PITA at my location. I see tons of excellent examples here and especially on britmodeller.

Appeals to the artistic side of me...damn I feel like I'm asking a woman if she's pregnant...LOL.

Sweet! This is brush painted? I'm thinking of doing my next project using paint brushes only because it's just so damn cool. But finding a good source for enamels (Humbrol, specifically), is a royal PITA at my location. I see tons of excellent examples here and especially on britmodeller.

Appeals to the artistic side of me...damn I feel like I'm asking a woman if she's pregnant...LOL.

Lol, ask away. No, I didn't brush paint it. I masked the stripes with Tamiya tape and the crosses with Frisket paper. I had some bleed through with the Frisket and touched that up by brush painting. All the masking took a couple of days. You wouldn't think a few stripes would take that long but getting them straight and the right width took some time.

I have brush painted cockpits with Vallejo Model Air and it is pretty good at leveling and not leaving brush strokes. I usually put in a few drops of their thinner to help with that.

All the best,

Tom