Don't think they would say HB Plastic If it was Academy plastic...That said This should be a very nice release...I have the Good Morning Da Nang Phantom kit and It is filled with a lot of Resin, PE, cloth belts and Fantastic Decal goodness...I may have to get one myself despite having a couple of HB Tomcats already

F-14 from Eduard, new tool or nothing...

then my guess is that's gonna be nothing for you sadly...

too bad Eduard did make correction sets, because if it's the HB kit that they'll use as basis, the intakes would have need a little shape correction...

otherwise, it's rather a good news for Tomcat's enthusiasts.

Edited by mingwin

Sadly, but AMK Kits will make a new tool of F-14 Family... w00t.gif

heard about that a while ago... but there's still a couple of model before in the output pipeline... like the still very awaited 1/48 MiG-31...(and a now less awaited 1/48 Fouga Magister)

so, as long as you'r not in a hurry, you can keep calmly wait...

I don't really like the HB Tomcat kits over the Hasegawa ones but I'll probably make an exception with this release. It's going to have lots of AM to corrects some of the inaccuracies (I hope) so I'll give this a shot when it comes out.

Thanks for the heads up, Pep.

Rob

Edited by galileo1

It is a HobbyBoss kit, with new decals (Jolly Rogers, Pukin Dogs, Gunfighters, Tomcaters, Sundowners,Fighting Checkmates), hot seats, jets and wheels. Look here: http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=4875 In Czech is retailed price 1950CZK (around 98USD).

Edited by AlCZ

It is a HobbyBoss kit, with new decals (Jolly Rogers, Pukin Dogs, Gunfighters, Tomcaters, Sundowners,Fighting Checkmates), hot seats, jets and wheels. Look here: http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=4875 In Czech is retailed price 1950CZK (around 98USD).

Interesting...

The Brassin cans look a bit iffy (not easy to tell from the pic though), and appear to be both open -I imagine the ends must be cast separately, so maybe there will be a closed/mixed option as well.

Another good package, if you don't mind the issues inherent in the base kit.

I guess I'll pass then. At $98 I can buy pretty much any of the Hasegawa Tomcats and add some aftermarket to boot. Too bad.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Eduard was selling the kit at the NATS this year and wanted a whopping $105 for it (after the guy I spoke to told me that the $105 is the price after a discount they were giving). Needless to say, I said no thanks and kept walking...

Rob