I have spent the last 2 months gathering info for an upcoming MH-60M build of mine

And one of the things I want to detail is the cabin ceiling. Ill post more pics soon, but I came across a drawing spec by Andy Bass of the H-60 ceiling.

Here it is. Photo credit goes to Andy

Photo4001_zpsphfgxt0n.jpg

Here's a side shot of a hawk ceiling. It doesn't matter what hawk you want to model because all the main framework is all the same on all H-60's

mm_soa_res_clip_image022_zpszgzk2yi7.png

Edited by hawkwrench

Great info. This will come in handy in the future.

To add to what you have. Here are a few more to demonstrate it.

Rear wall to the left.

UH-60A_45.jpg

Trans drip pan near center, nose to right.

UH-60A_44.jpg

Gunners' seats to right.

17.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Hey-

Very interesting. Although it would be nice if we could find some more recent pictures. The pics above are nearly 14 years old now and who know when that helo was built. It would surprise me a little given advances in analysis techniques and material properties if there weren't some changes to the cabin structure over 20 years. Maybe not enough to notice in model scale. But as you can see in this photo of an MH-60S, the drip pan has changed some in appearance.

IMGP1447_zpsc8adcea4.jpg

Phil

Other than Sikorsky looking into composite airframe pieces in order to save weight, I highly doubt the arrangement and assembly of the main fuselage will ever change.I have more pics I'll post soon.

The main transmission drip pan designs HAVE changed. It looks like the MH-60M has the same drip pan as the one in Par429's photo.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I'll be heading out with the 160th this week and around Christmas time, so I'll be able to get some shots of an MH-60M for you guys. If there is anything else you guys want me to shoot, be sure to send me a list...Either here in this thread or through a PM.

Aaron

Full frame photo of cabin roof without soundproofing pads and air conditioning vents and connections behind pilot seats...thanks.

Oliver

I'll do what I can. These guys are on a training deployment, so I don't know how much time I'll have, and what exactly they will let me photograph, as they will be "missionized", and I'll have to take what I can get. I won't be able to ask them to remove or switch around anything for instance. I'm also going out to JBLM around Christmas time, so what I can't get this week, I'll try to get then.

Aaron

I'll do what I can. These guys are on a training deployment, so I don't know how much time I'll have, and what exactly they will let me photograph, as they will be "missionized", and I'll have to take what I can get. I won't be able to ask them to remove or switch around anything for instance. I'm also going out to JBLM around Christmas time, so what I can't get this week, I'll try to get then.

Aaron

thanks Aaron

I wonder if it would be worth requesting this be pinned or moved over to research corner-I doubt anybody building a Blackhawk variant wouldn't mind having this information.

Tim:thanks for re-posting Andy's plan. IIRC, when I printed a hard copy, the image scaled out to exactly 1/35 scale-very convenient!!!

Gino-thanks for the additional images-did those come from Super 68?

Good luck with your Mike. Post pics and share your progress once you start!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after around 2 months of studying picture after picture and even the H-60 manual itself, I finally came up with what I believe is a pretty accurate(but not 100%) representation of a Hawk's ceiling.

I took Andy Bass's incredible drawing and just made it a little more accurate as far as the placement of the structure beams.

The measurements stayed the same from his to mine with the exception of a few. All credit goes to Andy, because without his foundation, I could have never drew this up!

You can either choose a full ceiling or a more common half ceiling-your choice!

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Again, Thanks Andy Bass, you're the man!

1227140224_zpsvxxaje2k.jpg

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I have spent the last 2 months gathering info for an upcoming MH-60M build of mine

And one of the things I want to detail is the cabin ceiling. Ill post more pics soon, but I came across a drawing spec by Andy Bass of the H-60 ceiling.

Here it is. Photo credit goes to Andy

Photo4001_zpsphfgxt0n.jpg

Here's a side shot of a hawk ceiling. It doesn't matter what hawk you want to model because all the main framework is all the same on all H-60's

mm_soa_res_clip_image022_zpszgzk2yi7.png

Hi there,

Silly question for you: Do you have access to a larger version of the picture of the ceiling on the bottom right?

Chris

Well, after around 2 months of studying picture after picture and even the H-60 manual itself, I finally came up with what I believe is a pretty accurate(but not 100%) representation of a Hawk's ceiling.

I took Andy Bass's incredible drawing and just made it a little more accurate as far as the placement of the structure beams.

The measurements stayed the same from his to mine with the exception of a few. All credit goes to Andy, because without his foundation, I could have never drew this up!

You can either choose a full ceiling or a more common half ceiling-your choice!

Feel free to ask me any questions and I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Again, Thanks Andy Bass, you're the man!

1227140224_zpsvxxaje2k.jpg

Tim

Here's the half ceiling most commonly used on Spec Ops H-60's drawn to 1/35th scale.

It should print out at 1/35 as well.

Posted Image

Tim

Thanks big time Tim.

I have a question for you though: In the first set of roof plans you show, which way does the cross beam go? Curve up? or Curve Down?

In the pictures I can find it looks like in the back section (behind the front of the side door) the curve goes on the bottom with the top part being flat.

P1060853_zps7b379952.jpg

But the front of the body (By the cockpit) looks like the flat part is on the bottom:

IMG_6791_zpsf65f5bf3.jpg

The roof section of the model almost looks like there is a difference in the direction of the ceiling sections. But when I looked at it there is a problem with having the cross beams going in different directions:

IMG_5166_zpsfdd974ff.jpg (Sorry about the crappy Photo. I need to figure out how to take close up photos.)

Any wisdom?

Chris