GB Proposal: Far East Air Forces

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join a 'Far Out, Far East' Group Build?

• Hell yes!

Here's a proposal for another GB - Far East Air Forces. We've had GBs for South America and Africa, so this would be a logical step.

I'd suggest any aircraft, in any scale, as long as it's from any of the listed countries (or any of their previous incarnations);

- China (inc. Hong Kong & Macau)

- Japan

- Mongolia

- North Korea

- South Korea

- Taiwan

- Brunei

- Cambodia

- East Timor

- Indonesia

- Laos

- Malaysia

- Myanmar (Burma)

- Papua New Guinea

- Philippines

- Singapore

- Thailand

- Vietnam

That gives plenty of choices, and a chance to make something you perhaps normally wouldn't.

Vince

Hi Vince,

I am the member of a small group who would only ever make models of obscure, small air forces and collect photos as such (everything from Silesia 1920, Chinese warlords to the Donetsk People's Republic!)

I think that we have between us several thousands of photos. We are also members of many branches of IPMS and above all the Small Air Forces Clearing House which publishes a quarterly magazine full of such information. A regular check of magazines and the on-line shops like Hannants and you will find many small air force decals. I am also the author of Military Aircraft Insignia of the World (the current edition is 2014). Gladly help

johnc

Vince, seams we have the same taste ...at least about the country there! My idea would be the Super Tucano from the TNI-AU with sharkmouth on. HB kit with FCM decals in 1/48.

I just remember the guys flying over Yogyakarta in a 3ship while I was relaxing in the pool a few weeks ago...

343pzx4.jpg

I'm gonna give this a bump because this is *far* too grand an idea not to happen!

Only thing will be deciding what to build, I've got several options for Japanese and Korean F-4s, and then there are Burmese, Malaysian and North Korean Fulcrums...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not building modells any more (although I do plan to return to that 'hobby', sometimes in the future), so not going to vote. Besides, you seem to have got enough votes to start this GB.

But, if there is interest to get some sponsoring, let me know: I'm sure that Harpia is going to be interested (and it has quite some reference to offer too).

(EDIT: even more so if you add 'South Vietnam' to the list of possible entries.)

Edited by TomCooper

I'm not building modells any more (although I do plan to return to that 'hobby', sometimes in the future), so not going to vote. Besides, you seem to have got enough votes to start this GB.

But, if there is interest to get some sponsoring, let me know: I'm sure that Harpia is going to be interested (and it has quite some reference to offer too).

(EDIT: even more so if you add 'South Vietnam' to the list of possible entries.)

Hi Tom, I'm just waiting for the exact dates to be confirmed by the moderators and I'll drop you and Heinz a line to let you know what's going on!

Vince