Proposed GB: A-4 Skyhawk

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to participate in this group build?

• What a silly question. Of course I do.

60 years ago the A-4 Skyhawk was being developed, so it's time to have a group build to celebrate the aircraft's diamond anniversary. Vote in the poll above, post comments and questions below.

Edited by spejic

I could be persuaded.

One question, though,,,,,"50 years"?,,,,I think that is off by a decade, 50 years ago the A-4E was dropping bombs in Vietnam, and the Scooter is older than I am, and I am 58

The photo is not current, there have been some built and some more added since then

002-6.jpg

I could be persuaded.

One question, though,,,,,"50 years"?,,,,I think that is off by a decade, 50 years ago the A-4E was dropping bombs in Vietnam, and the Scooter is older than I am, and I am 58

The photo is not current, there have been some built and some more added since then

002-6.jpg

My A-4 stash looks similar except all mine are 1/48 Hasegawa Skyhawks.

I recently took inventory and was shocked that I had so many.

Wow, votes are coming in fast. I guess I better ask for a volunteer to be the second administrator.

I am going to allow kits that are started, but don't yet have the fuselage closed (mostly because I've glued the wings and started painting the cockpit of all my A-4 kits).

You will give a good reason finally to build a scooter!

RNZAF, Brazil or Singapore AF is hot...or a bad boy!?

Enough Hasegawa and Classic crapframes in the stash...

OHHH and do not forget to mention the white civilian "bad boys" in Wittmund at JG 71!!! (HaHen already made decals for!)

There are enough votes to have this group build, but I still need a volunteer to be the second administrator (a very easy job - just be another person to encourage your fellow model builders with occasional comments).

Also, do you want the group build to start on April 1 or June 1? I don't believe there are any group builds planned to start on April 1, but that isn't a lot of time to order things you might want.

How about starting the GB on April 4th: "A-4"? :thumbsup:/>/>

The 4 dates you can start a group build are January 1, March 1, July 1, or September 1, and the March one means less than a week for the mods to vote and set things up. I'm sending in the proposal now - we'll see what date we can get.

I'm game for it, this will be my first ARC group build. Right now, I'm wrapping up on a FSM Stuka build and still have two others to do (an A-6 and A-7) but those can be worked in with the A-4 since the paint schemes will be the same. Will either go with the Hasegawa A-4M or one of the Trumpeter Skyhawks.

April 4th is a great ideal for the start date.