Hellenic Air Force Group Build

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Hellenic Air Force Group Build?

• For sure! Get me to the Greek!
    • Nope...it's all Greek to me!

Must admit I'm a little biased on this one, but who would be interested in a Hellenic Air Force Group Build? A multitude of aircraft to choose from, both past and present. Here's a sample:

* F-16 Falcon

* F-4E Phantom

* RF-4E Phantom

* Mirage 2000

* T-2 Buckeye

* T-6 Texan

* A-7 Corsair

* F-5A Freedom Fighter

* F-104 Starfighter

* F-102 Delta Dagger

* Mirage F1

* F-84F Thunderstreak

* F-84 Thinderjet

* T-33 Shooting Star

* C-130 Hercules

* C-27 Spartan

The list goes on...

The great thing is you can cut loose and really weather up your models as Greek birds are notoriously dirty (their planes are also not very clean :lol:). Here's some examples:

F-16D

A-7E

A-7D

F-4E

F-5A

Not to mention some cool special schemes! Who's in?

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Great idea...(I am Greek, what did you expect!!!)

I am already waiting to start a "GROUP built" in my club regarding just A-7s, and my "offering" will be something along these Lines... so ...count me "in" !!!

142_9342w8_1.jpg

photo uploader

Edited by zark

I remember the started RF-4E from the old recce GB in my stash - could be a reason to put back on the bench!

But better wait with that GB, there are already others in preparation. I only can join 1 (and in winter max 2 GBs) GB because I m a slow modeller and have a lot of other activities in summer!

Hi,

I am love weathering and I am a huge fan of Greek aviation.

I have done a part already with an A-7E and F-4E in 1/72nd scale

888530AAAAA7FUJ722731.jpg

965115AAAAF4HAS724416.jpg

and I am just starting an RF-4E currently.

But I am a slow modeller and I am not sure I will be able to follow any pace.. Still I'd love to aim end of this year!!

Cheers

Eric B.

Hi,

I am love weathering and I am a huge fan of Greek aviation.

I have done a part already with an A-7E and F-4E in 1/72nd scale

888530AAAAA7FUJ722731.jpg

965115AAAAF4HAS724416.jpg

and I am just starting an RF-4E currently.

But I am a slow modeller and I am not sure I will be able to follow any pace.. Still I'd love to aim end of this year!!

Cheers

Eric B.

Eric, these are models? :jaw-dropping:

Great idea! Since I´m personally attached to Greece I would definitely like to join in.

One question though: Which Timeframe do you aim to? Only modern Hellenic Air Force (1945 – today) or anything which flew for Greece (1911 – today)?

Cheers

Markus

Chaps thanks for the responses! No dates set yet, but I would think a start in the the second half of the year would be most likely as there a re number of GB's going on right now. Can the mods advise on potential start dates?

Neo assigns times (with your suggestions in mind) once we have the application in. Get your 25 votes and apply.

I'd propose we go for a full history from 1911 onwards. Besides, the Hellenic Air Force did perform the first recorded strike on a naval vessel in 1913! Lots of history there.

Yip that's what I would go with as well although the majority will no doubt be 70's onwards. Would you include rotary craft as well Andrew?

Great idea...(I am Greek, what did you expect!!!)

I am already waiting to start a "GROUP built" in my club regarding just A-7s, and my "offering" will be something along these Lines... so ...count me "in" !!!

142_9342w8_1.jpg

photo uploader

Hi Zark, that looks like a very interesting diorama and after your Su27 look forward to seeing it progress.

I've always had the idea to tackle this as a diorama http://daypic.ru/about-all/55931

Hi Zark, that looks like a very interesting diorama and after your Su27 look forward to seeing it progress.

I've always had the idea to tackle this as a diorama http://daypic.ru/about-all/55931

That's great! Do frequent watering to your Mirage! haha...please put it back into the sea and I will come for scuba diving to Greece! Woohoo...

Yip that's what I would go with as well although the majority will no doubt be 70's onwards. Would you include rotary craft as well Andrew?

Hey Scott,

Anything that's ever been in the sky with a Greek rounded would be in. I have an Apache in the stash that I would love to do!

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

And lads,

If Tobi volunteers to be a co-mod with me again, you are garaunteed a treasure trove of raffle prizes! Check out our prize list on the current Tiger Meet GB we're hosting. Tiger Meet GB Prizes. It's EPIC!!!

in that case I organize a box of Ouzo and one of Retsina vine + 10 Sirtaki CDs! Modelling greek aircraft needs a bit of drinks to be super relaxed for weathering jobs! hehe

*jokemodeoff*

I m sure Andrew will be happy to see also COPPERS! *flap-flap-flap...*