M551 in 1/72, S-Models

I made a lot of progress during last week, unfortunately I can´t show any pictures since I´ve left my camera at home.

Had quite a funny week, taking part in a small arms training course of the German Army. We shot G36 assault rifle and P8 pistol and I enjoyed every minute of it - knowing that (thank god) at the moment the chances for me are slim to none to ever use this training in a real threat scenario. But I know that many don´t have this luxury, so my deepest respect for those warriors who fight for our freedom.

The hull of the tank and the smaller parts assembled like a charm. Here you can see the model after I arrived back home, showing the result of one busy modelling evening (the other evenings were covered with watching soccer, playing computer and drinking beer):

IMG_5650_zps51mlry43.jpg

HAJO

Working on the tracks:

IMG_5661_zps1q3mjxbn.jpg

No single track-pieces, but pre-formed segments. Worked fine and look good.

I also made some dirt-wash to the gear-section, using a combination of red and sand to simulate the red mud of vietnam.

IMG_5662_zpss3xc0sup.jpg

And with the tracks assembled and glued to the tank:

IMG_5663_zpsovy51wfl.jpg

Now I have to paint the whole thing and add the small parts like ammo-boxes and the M2. I will also rumage through my stash and try to find some crew-man for the commanders hatch.

HAJO

I can really recommend this kit, fitting was excellent! Only drawback are the decals. There are neither instructions where to put them nor enough individual markings for both tanks.

HAJO