This is my first model for 2016.

The 1/72 Italeri kit of the french Mirage 2000C has been reboxed by both Revell and Tamiya.

Building was straight forward and took me about 8 weeks from start to finish. The camouflage scheme is done with Vallejo Model Color 70.900 "French Mirage Blue" and 70.990 "Light Grey FS36375". The decals are from Daco's sheet #7210.

You can see the build < HERE >

Mirage_Final_01.jpg

Mirage_Final_02.jpg

Mirage_Final_07.jpg

Mirage_Final_06.jpg

Mirage_Final_03.jpg

Mirage_Final_04.jpg

Mirage_Final_05.jpg

Mirage_Final_08.jpg

Mirage_Final_09.jpg

Edited by Lancer512

Still can't see the darn pics whats going on can someone help out here please

Clive

I've seen this problem with quite a few british members here and on another forum. For some reason, the server which is hosting over 100 websites has been blocked by the ISP.

Maybe this helps

Edited by Lancer512
  • 2 weeks later...

Probaly the best you can get from that crappy model kit. Not being harsh at all.

The Italeri/Revell/Tamiya is barely capturing the shape of the 2000, it's missing panels, missing air scoops on the wing roots, missing the 2 tabs on the canopy (see here).

We, braille modelers, need a better kit, both for the C, -5, N and D version of the Mirage 2000.

Heller kit is a start for the N/D, but teh cockpit is empty at best.

Still, very nice result. Teh camouflage is very tricky on these planes. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the comments.

Yes, I know the kit has it's flaws, but that was the only option out there. I am not going to rescribe the 1/72 Heller kits, of which I have the 2000C, 2000N and Mirage 5 in my stash. And I agree that we need a new tool Mirage series in that scale.

Anyway... It was a fun build and quite easy to get together. Not sure why some modelers say it's hard to build. Maybe they didn't grow up with Matchbox or Airfix?

Edited by Lancer512