Hasegawa tomacat cockpit fit

yeah, i dont know what photobucket's issue is. Looks like lots of folks' photos aren't loading

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who had problems with the panels

I had the same problem, so you're not alone. Some references and then judicious trimming of panels to get it all to fit was the order of the day. Mine is sealed up as it's in flight, so you don't notice it, but if you're doing an open canopy build it doesn't have the same impact as a Hobby Boss kit cockpit or an Aires or Blackbox pit. Not to say there's anything wrong with it though, it's still pretty accurate and far far better than the Academy or Revellogram pit.

Are you going to do a WIP thread?

I had the same problem, so you're not alone. Some references and then judicious trimming of panels to get it all to fit was the order of the day. Mine is sealed up as it's in flight, so you don't notice it, but if you're doing an open canopy build it doesn't have the same impact as a Hobby Boss kit cockpit or an Aires or Blackbox pit. Not to say there's anything wrong with it though, it's still pretty accurate and far far better than the Academy or Revellogram pit.

I'm actually going to disagree with you, at least for the instrument panels. I have found the Monogram/Academy IP's to be better overall than the Hasegawa IP's. The one thing that would help the Monogram kits would be to have better instrument shrouds. I've tried a couple of times to cast some, but the rejection rate is too great to go into production.

I hadn't considered it, but I suppose I could. A bit intimidating with all the folks here who can model the F-14 in their sleep.

I hadn't considered it, but I suppose I could. A bit intimidating with all the folks here who can model the F-14 in their sleep.

Go for it! Everyone can learn something new. You may approach it with a fresh perspective and idea that we haven't thought of.

I'm actually going to disagree with you, at least for the instrument panels. I have found the Monogram/Academy IP's to be better overall than the Hasegawa IP's. The one thing that would help the Monogram kits would be to have better instrument shrouds. I've tried a couple of times to cast some, but the rejection rate is too great to go into production.

Fair enough, I know you have a lot more experience than I do with Tomcats! :thumbsup:

As Darren says, go for it. I found it really helpful to do a WIP on a few models that I wasn't sure on, more helpful comments and ideas. :thumbsup:

That's true. The extra help will be nice.

I'll start one tonight.

Glad to hear this! I am a relatively novice modeler, and the Hasegawa Tomcat scares me... LOL

I have a few Hasegawa Tomcats in the stash and the F-14 is my favorite aircraft of all, so I will have to face down that fear at some point (even with the AMK F-14 coming). It would be nice to follow along with your struggles and successes as a first time Has Tom builder, as I will soon follow down that same path.