1/24th OV-10D+ Bronco

It has been a while since my last post. Progress on the fuselage and cockpit has halted while I await custom photo etch parts to be completed. In the mean time, I have built the boom structures. Still much to do. These were made with 0.020 plastic formers and sheeted with 0.015 sheet and thin strips around the curves. The whole thing bonded with thin super glue. The red stuff is auto glazing compound. I'm not worried about paint coverage as the whole thing will be covered in 0.003 aluminum sheet with embossed rivets.

Here is one side of the engine cowling. Master made from plastic and bondo. Plaster form for actual vacuum-forming operation and then the vacuum-formed part. Small air intake still needs work. One of engine compartments will be opened up - I still am working out how to make that look just right.

Thanks for the kind smiley face thingy's. But this all may be premature - I haven't yet put all the pieces together to make an airplane - many a pit fall yet to come. I'm learning a lot from this project - my first aiplane scratch build project. For those of you who haven't tried this I recommend it!

Timmy!

• 4 weeks later...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

Hi sir Tim!!! I'm also a member of the OV-10fans group!!!

That's one hell of a model you've got there!!!

I've been doing the same on Academy's broncos (both A& D+)

But I'm having trouble on the D+ because I don't have any references for that horse. :lol:

As for the A, I'm using my father's flight manual and my walkaround for the refs. But I've misplaced some of the pics :thumbsup: (hope I could find them...)

Good luck sir on your project!!! :wave:

• 1 month later...