Junkers Jumo 213E-1 engine

Here are some pics of my latest project, Dragon's 1/48 Ta 152H-1.

I used Alcad Magnesium and Aluminum for the metallics, and Metalizer Burnt Iron on the exhausts.

I used fine copper wire and micro solder for the plumbing. I have the Trimaster kit, which gives plumbing diagrams. It's more clearly shown than trying to decypher the routing from photos.

Jumo213E-1a.jpg

Jumo213E-1b.jpg

Jumo213E-1c.jpg

Jumo213E-1d.jpg

Jumo213E-1e.jpg

And here's a shot ofr scale. The entire engine is just a little longer than a #11 blade. There are over 40 parts in the kit engine, and I added about 45 more from wire and solder.

Jumo213E-1scale.jpg

Thanks Ricedd, Marcin, and hawkhornet !

I got most of the Eduard PE added to the cockpit today, and hope to have it painted tomorrow. Then I'll add the little bit of wiring and plumbing that's visible. I also removed the flaps for the wings and filled a few sink marks on the fuselage. Dragon used a softer plastic than Trimaster did. I think that's why there are a few surface imperfections to this kit.

I'll post pics of the 'pit soon. Thanks again !

Lovely job Bill. You have me scared, I am currently working on this one as well, but I just know yours is gonna be a whole higher level. I am interested in what colours you are going to do it in as I am finding conflicting evidence. According to the Merrick book, by this point in time all new production Fw's would have had bare metal undersides, do you concur with this, I am doing Loos a/c

Regards

Bruce

Thanks skuki, D_IcarUS_, and pacific mustang !

pacific mustang - many late-war Fw 190Ds had partially unpainted lower wings. Here's a link to one I finished recently. I go into a little detail on the scheme.

Fw 190D-9 article

I don't believe that Ta 152s were manufactured and assembled the same way. There aren't a lot of pic of them on the internet, but here's a few:

Rod's Warbird pics

Luftwaffe Archive pics

I will be painting the lower surfaces RLM 76 on mine, with RLM 75 and 83 (dark green) on the wings, and RLM 83 and 81 on the fuselage.

Thanks again !

Lovely job Bill.  You have me scared, I am currently working on this one as well, but I just know yours is gonna be a whole higher level.  I am interested in what colours you are going to do it in as I am finding conflicting evidence.  According to the Merrick book, by this point in time all new production Fw's would have had bare metal undersides, do you concur with this, I am doing Loos a/c

Regards

Bruce

Looks nice that engine :o

For main wing underside, I agree whith the fact that should be metal, whith "front" parts RLM 76, as for Ta 152 C .

If you can find (quite) good pics whith underside visible (not over shadowed), you can guess this... EVEN on pre-series prototypes .

The same for interrior of landing gear bays, I think... ( fore sure, small bay doors inside )

Hope it can help . :lol: