Looking for any pics of "Dottie Dee" P-47M

Been scouring the web for the past couple of days (I'm supposed to be working :blink: !!) for some shots of "Dottie Dee" a P-47M from the 56th FG but have had no luck. Are there any good 56th FG websites, or any books that can be recommended with shots of this particular A/C?

Thanks

Scott D

Here's a picture of Dottie Dee II. I've supplied two because of the bad reflections. In the last one I've highlighted the dorsal fillet which shows the P-47N type being used.

which book are these photos being published? Thanks

Thanks to all for the info & pics. I would also love to know what book those photos came from.

I have the Osprey Aces of the Eighth AF, I was under the impression that was a combined book that included the 56th FG book, along with the P-51 Aces and P-38 Aces. Is this not true?

Scott D

EricYY Posted Yesterday, 07:59 PM

The similar picture is published in both Beware The Thunderbolt! (David R. Mclaren) and Zemke's Wolfpack (William N. Hess), but of course that's not where I got this picture from :( If you like building 56th FG P-47's these are two very handy books.

Scott D Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Thanks to all for the info & pics. I would also love to know what book those photos came from.

I have the Osprey Aces of the Eighth AF, I was under the impression that was a combined book that included the 56th FG book, along with the P-51 Aces and P-38 Aces. Is this not true?

I haven't got the Aces of the Eighth book (because I have them seperately), but IIUC this has the Aircraft of the Aces - P-47 Aces of the 8th AF in it. The 56th FG book is in the Osprey Avition Elite series not the Aircraft of the Aces series.

Edited by Tbolt

Thanks for the information.

I see that you are working on P-47C, i also want to convert a Tamiya D to C, please advise. I will use the decal of 4th FG by Aeromaster. Thanks

Edited by EricYY

EricYY Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the information.

I see that you are working on P-47C, i also want to convert a Tamiya D to C, please advise. I will use the decal of 4th FG by Aeromaster. Thanks

The first thing to remove the two lower cowl flaps either side, just simply trim off the back end of the flaps with a knife then fill the remaining panel lines.

Next a lot C's (check your references!) didn't have the deflector behind the oil cooler outlet, so best to remove both of these and produce new oil cooler outlet doors from 10 thou plasticard.

Some C's had the flat belly, check references again.

Be careful with the Aeromaster decals some of the nose art have the wrong colours on.

I'm confused! How did we get from "Dottie Dee" which was a -M bird to converting a Razorback -D to a -C?

Just ain't the same birds. ;) :huh: :huh:

By the bye, many -C TBolts carried a whip style antenna rather than the mast type we are used to seeing. brgds, Hal the P-47fan

I'm confused! How did we get from "Dottie Dee" which was a -M bird to converting a Razorback -D to a -C?

Just ain't the same birds. :thumbsup::cheers: :D

By the bye, many -C TBolts carried a whip style antenna rather than the mast type we are used to seeing. brgds, Hal the P-47fan

sorry about making confusion here,

i am asking about coverting a D to C

Dottie Dee is M

Hal Marshman Sr Posted Today, 01:24 PM

Just ain't the same birds.

That's just how the conversations go sometimes. Hey as long as its about Jugs who cares!

Edited by Tbolt