What is it? New Contest from ParaGrafix

What kit is this new photoetch set for?

Do not post your guess here.

Email or PM me for a chance to win a copy of the set ... and if you can also tell us what parts 1 and 2 are for, we'll throw in a copy of the model kit as well. The winner will be picked at random from all correct entries. Because we will be sending out details to our distributors this Friday, this is a short term contest. All entries must be received by Friday, November 19, 2010 at 12 noon EST.

Note that this was discussed in the CultTVman Chatroom last Friday night - people who were in the chatroom (and people I've discussed this project with) are ineligible.

demo-for-contest_2010-11-17.jpg

The contest is now closed. I received 34 correct entries from people who figured out that the fret is for ...

Robby the Robot from Polar Lights.

Just under half (16) of the entrants knew that parts 1 and 2 are designed to allow the head and torso to rotate. If any of these people happens to be the winner, they'll receive a copy of the Robby kit in addition to the PE fret. An added benefit is that they are also removable so that lighting or a battery can be accessed.

I'll announce the winner later this afternoon. Good luck to everyone who entered!

Congratulations to Joseph C. Brown, the lucky winner of a set of Robby the Robot photoetch.

His entry was picked using the random number generator at http://www.random.org/. His entry row in our spreadsheet (23)corresponded to the number provided by Random.org.

Joseph correctly guessed where parts go and I've decided that that was close enough, so he gets a Robby kit as well.

This PE set will be available on or about December 10.